Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yep, we are in the thick of it

We are fighting a raging growth spurt battle right now. Not only is Alex fussy all the time, which is terribly uncharacteristic of my little happy baby, but hes an eating machine too.

He has been doing so well at night that its almost predictable when he needs to eat. He usually eats about 6-7pm wakes up around 11pm and again at 5-6... well thats all out the window right now. He is constantly waking up in the evening and really upset. He finally went down around 8pm and then woke up at 11:30pm. I was dragging so bad by then and ached for some sleep. So I was happy when the 11pm feeding was over and quickly crawled into bed around 12. Well he then decided to wake up at 3:30am! UGH! So much for sleep, so I fed him again and he was up again at 7! So, ya, I am really tired.

Also, the feedings have been a battle within themselves. He is constantly fussing while nursing so that is a frustrating battle as well. It is taking longer to fill him up, but mostly because hes crying and fighting the whole time nursing. Eventually he finally gets enough and hes happy... but only for a short while before he starts to fuss really bad again and wants to go to bed. Then we repeat the whole thing again in 2-3 hours. I have no time for myself to get some rest and replenish my supply which makes things even worse!!!

Sigh.... please let this growth spurt pass soon! PLEASE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment