Saturday, January 1, 2011

12 Weeks



Happy New Year 2011! It's that time again for Alex's weekly review! Man what are the odds that his 11 week review fell on Christmas and his 12 on New Years?! Pretty cool!

Well this week was loads of fun and full of firsts are you can imagine. It all started off with celebrating his very first Christmas! AND New Years! Though Christmas was much more fun since he just slept through New Years. We didn't do any traveling on Christmas day so the day was spent relaxing and enjoying the little ones. Of course Alex made out like a bandit and Santa was very good to him this year haha.

With each passing week he is becoming more and more attentive and interactive with toys. I now hang a toy bar across his napper so he can hang out and bat at them when he gets bored. He also loves to watch TV which is nice when I need to do something really quick, I lay him down on the ottoman and he just watched TV all contently until I get back. He even likes to watch Mia's girly shows like ICarly! haha So it doesn't always have to be cartoons to entertain him.

He has finally retired his boppie for sleeping. Well he has been without it for awhile but I thought I would write it down since it served as his little newborn bed for so long. He just finally got to big for it and is finally back in his napper full time. Unfortunately, even the napper won't be his bed to much longer... that kid is just growing too fast!

He loves to stare at his hand! Whenever he is bored or just hanging out with no much to do he will stiffen up his right arm and just stare at his hand as he moves it all over the place. This will keep him busy for a LONG while, its really cute to watch.

He has also found his fingers! OH NO!! Yep, just like his sister... he now sucks his two fingers, only he uses his left hand instead of his right. I am not sure what to do about this since he does it while hes sleeping or trying to get comfortable (the same way Mia did). I often find him sleeping with them in his mouth. I don't want to remove them because then he will wake up MAD! I guess I just need to stay on top of the binky more.

I got one GREAT day of rest this week. He slept sooooo much and I got up to 8 hours (broke a bit) but still! I was so happy, but unfortunately that has not happened again and nights are becoming alittle more rough early on.

He also took his first trip to Rosa's Cafe with us this week! We have not taken out to a restaurant since he was only a few weeks old! He did so well too and I am so happy. He didn't cry once while we were eating and just hung out on my lap like a good boy! This brings me hope for the future, maybe we can start going out more as a family! WHOOHOO I can't wait!

Well thats about it for the week. Today will be another big day, his Grandparents (Pizano) are coming into town to celebrate a belated Christmas. I can't wait to see their reaction to him since he has gotten so much bigger and active since the last time they visited. I am sure I will have more stories to share.... till then

HAPPY 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment