Friday, January 21, 2011

A nap with Mama

Alex did another first today and not even Mia has done this yet. He slept in my bed with me for a nap!!! I didn't plan it, it kind of happened.

At around 1pm Mia was really acting up and needed a nap BAD! Alex was also a bit tired and fussy. I was exhausted from having such a bad cluster feeding night and hectic morning that I decided to give Adrian his wake up call early! So all three of us marched into the master bedroom where Adrian was sleeping.

I laid the baby on him while Mia ran around the room excitedly trying to wake up Daddy. He slowly woke up and we chatted a bit. I crawled into bed as Adrian got up. He took Mia to her room to lay her down for her nap and I laid Alex down next to me. He blew up crying but I didn't care I was so tired.

I then rolled him over on his side facing me. He finally started to calm down and started to suck his fingers. It didn't take long before his little eyes rolled back and closed. I closed my eyes too, soooo tired. I then drifted off to sleep by the little sound of him sucking.

It didn't take long though, probably about 20mins before I heard him stir. I woke up and opened my eyes to find him staring at me with his big blue eyes and a big smile on his face! He was so excited. He looked at me as if to say "Mama!!!! what are you doing here!?" (Remember I have never slept in the same bed with him other than when we were in the hospital together). I smiled back and he cooed... then got mad!

I quickly grabbed him and ran him downstairs so he wouldn't wake up his sister (the master bedroom and Mia's room share a wall and shes a horribly light sleeper).... too late! I soon heard Mia crying and banging on her bedroom door to be let out. Sigh... oh well. It was nice while it lasted.... I am still sooooo tired........

No comments:

Post a Comment