Saturday, January 15, 2011

14 weeks


WOW! What a crazy week and I don't mean it in a good way either. It has been one of the most difficult weeks yet! and thats going all the way back to his newborn stage!

He turned 3 months this week and with that a whole new baby emerged. A cranky, fussy, handful. I don't know what happened to my good little baby all I know is that I am at wits end. Hopefully things will get better.

He is on what they call a "nursing strike"... I didn't make it up.. look it up online thats the real term for it. Hes refusing to eat, he fusses ALL the time while eating and its driving me nuts. At first I thought maybe it was a growth spurt he was going through (which hes due for one) but the more and more I think about it, I think it might be his teeth!!! Yes, I said the dreaded word... teething... ugh.. I hope I am wrong and that it is indeed a growing spurt because those don't last that long.

We have had a huge battle with eczema as well and I am happy to say that I FINALLY found a regimen that seems to be working. Oatmeal baths + more frequent bathing + special aveeno eczema cream. Since I have been using that his dryness has improved GREATLY! YAY! Aquafour still doesn't work so I don't use that.

He's a side rolling expert now. He rolls on his side ALL the time, especially if he wants to see something like TV or Mia. He even tries to get on his belly but hasn't been able to yet.

He is really becoming fun with bathtime. He loves to kick, kick, kick, splash, splash, splash! Yes, its a big mess but I enough seeing him have fun. He really gets into it too! I would love to take a video of it but I am scared he might get my camera wet... he splashes that much! haha

Yes, my little man still loves to flip the bird. It is almost predicted now.. he has ruined so many cute pictures and this week he added another one to his growing collection. I had him wearing the little bear ear hat I made him while I was pregnant and when I took the picture and downloaded I had a little surprise waiting for me. What made this picture unique from the others is that he actually used BOTH hands this time... Sigh... ALEX!

Like I mentioned before, this week has been hard... on all of us. At one point he refused to eat so much that I had to feed him a bottle of milk I had frozen. That was our very first bottle together and he was NOT happy about it. Neither was I for that matter. I pray things will get better but they don't seem to be improving much.... I really don't want to resort to formula or worse... stop breastfeeding completely.

He has also found his voice this week. He loves to scream but not in the crying type way.. the more of "listen to me I am NOT happy... I am going to cry soon if something isn't done". He gets really loud too and even wakes up Mia during her naptime if hes out here in the livingroom doing that. It is kinda cute though.

He is also a drool monster. I have to keep bibs on him because he wets his shirts so much and that makes him mad.

Uh-oh hes up again... sigh... pray this day will go better... oh great just as I write this.. I can hear Mia crying in her room too!!!! Lord help me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment