Monday, January 17, 2011

Alex's First Visit to the Temecula Duck Pond and Mia rides her scooter




































Current Mood: Tired

Today was such a bright and beautiful warm sunny day that I couldn't pass up the chance to take the kids out somewhere. So when it was 1pm Mia, Alex and I all woke up Daddy and told him we wanted to go out. Out of all the places we had to choose from we decided on the Temecula Duck pond. It is a very special place for our family and it was time Alex went there "outside" my tummy! haha

We decided to go after Mia's nap but that backfired. Once Mia was laid down, I laid down Alex and both only slept for about 10 mins before waking up and never sleeping again. So much for rested kids! So we all got ready and headed out. Mia was so excited about going to "Pat and Oscars" and even more excited when I told her we were going to bring her scooter and see duckies. I started singing the duck song I learned when I was in kindergarden and she seemed pretty eager to learn it so thats all we sang until we got there.

Alex did good in the car, though he cried when we put him in his car seat and the beginning of the trip he quieted down and we had a nice drive to Temecula. Once we arrived at Pat and Oscars we got the kids off the car. Adrian carried Mia while I carried Alex in his car seat. He seemed pretty content even though he was awake.

After ordering our food we decided to sit outside. This was a first since we never eat outside, but it was so nice and warm I thought it would be a good idea, especially since we didn't know if Alex was going to start crying or not. Turns out he was the BEST baby ever! I sat him on the table next to me and he just watched me the whole time. He never fussed and smiled whenever I saw him. He was sucking his two fingers the whole time but I didn't mind he was pretty content and mellow. Mia on the other hand was fighting with Dada. She refused to eat her turkey sandwhich and we had to keep bribing her with her favorite dessert... applesauce.

Eventually she ate most of her sandwhich so the big moment came for her reward. She was all excited to get her applesauce that is ALL she was talking about since she first saw it when we ordered the food. Finally she got to have some. I busted out my camera and recorded her thinking I would capture a very happy moment with Mia, what I didn't expect to capture is her getting her first taste, shaking in disgust, then rejecting it altogether. I guess it wasn't very good. I tasted it myself and yes, it was kind of gross. Poor Mia, her reward turned out to be a dud. Thats ok though her other reward was getting to ride her scooter at the duck pond!!!

Once we were done eating we packed up the kids again and went to the duck pond. By then Alex started to fuss a bit, so I put him in his stroller and Mia took off in her scooter. We walked about a quarter of the way around the duck pond when Mia ditched her scooter and started to throw dried up leaves in the pond. Adrian tried to get her interested in the scooter again but she didn't care. Then a small family of three walked by, looked at Mia having fun throwing leaves and decided to share a piece of bread they had so Mia could actually feed the ducks. Once Adrian showed her what to do and she saw all the ducks piling up near her she got so excited. She threw chunks of bread all over the water and screamed in pure joy. Alex just sat there hanging out and smiling at me whenever I looked at him.

Once the bread was all gone Mia got back on her scooter and scooted along as I followed with Alex. We made it about mid-way around the park and thats when things fell apart. Mia got off her scooter and insisted Adrian carry her. So he had to pick her up and carry her scooter, and just as that happened Alex started to cry and blow up. Oh no!!!! The pond is VERY big so we had a long walk to get back to the side we started on. Poor Adrian had to carry Mia on his shoulders, and carry the scooter in his other hand while I tried to calm down an angry hungry baby!

Then when we neared the exited Mia decided to ride her scooter again and Alex finally calmed down. Mia scooted along and found some smashed duck eggs... I tried to distract her away from the eggs and it worked and she kept going. Eventually we made it back to the car. It was already get dark by then so Mia didn't mind saying goodbye to the ducks. We loaded up the kids and back home we went.

While driving home Mia sang me the "Shadow of the Day" song by Lincoln Park and it was so cute. I tried so hard to capture it on video but every time she saw the camera she would stop. Oh well.. Alex cried in the beginning but fell asleep the rest of the way.

Once we got home, Adrian took Mia inside while I took Alex. When I walked in carrying Alex in his carseat Mia did the most sweetest thing. Completely on her own, she ran up to me saying "Mama! Mama! Hug!!" so I bent down to give her a big hug and she then said "Thank you Mama Pat and Oscars" I melted! What a sweetheart! I Then went into the guestroom to change his diaper and Mia followed. She started jumping on the bed and going NUTS! Alex was all happy he was out of the car seat and was all cooey and smiley. I even got him to laugh a few times by tickling him.

What a great end to a great day! I am so glad we got to get out as a family, especially to the duck pond. That is such a special place for me and I am so glad Alex got to go there at least once before we moved away.















No comments:

Post a Comment