Friday, January 14, 2011

Please don't tell me the problem is TEETHING?!?!?!?!?!


Well another bad day... not as bad as the day before yesterday but still not good. I don't know what is up with my little man... nothing seems to make him happy and stay happy anymore. Hes been this way for almost a full week now. Ever since he hit 3 months old hes like a whole new baby... really unruly, unhappy and fussy ALL the time.

I was so happy earlier this morning when he woke up from his nap in such a good mood. He was like my Old Alex, all cooing and happy and smiles... so mellow. Well that didn't last long, by the time of his next nap he was right back to the grumpy baby again.

I am having such a hard time with this. At first I thought it was a growth spurt. I really hoped it was because at least it wouldn't last longer than a week. Then it hit me... maybe its something more... maybe hes teething!?!?!?

Ya I know! hes only 3 months how could he be teething this young??! I know Mia started teething around 3 months, well actually showing signs.. but she didn't pop her first teeth out (two came out at once) until she was almost 9 months old!!!! I asked a few friends and they said the earliest their kids started to teeth was 3-4 months... uh-oh. That would explain alot of things, like his constant need to gnaw on things like his hand and blankets and ME!, his excessive drooling, his fussiness, his inability to sleep long periods of time (other than night), and his refusal to eat.

Today I know my milk wasn't an issue because I felt pretty full but he still had trouble eating. He kept delatching, fussing and crying and not eating. It takes alot of coaxing just to keep him on long enough to get full and I need distractions like Mia or the TV. This isn't my baby!

I am so not ready for teething... really I am not. What worries me the most is how it will go this time around. I have to admit, Mia and teething was a breeze!!! She never had many problems... the only time she would fuss (and she wouldn't even fuss she would just get clingy) would only be the day she actually popped out a new tooth. Other than that, she was just a drool monster and that was it. Adrian and I often times heard horror stories from friends and family how their kids screamed and cried and had such a hard time with teething. We felt very blessed and lucky that Mia had no trouble. Well, they say every kid is different and I think Alex is going to make up for it TWO FOLD! Ugh....

I am very distressed about it and feeling really down. I hope he doesn't stay fussy... he was such a good happy baby, I would hate to lose that. I know all phases are temporary and we will be out of this just like we will be out of the terrible 2's with Mia... but going through it is HARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment