Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Final Trip to the Emu Farm and Alex's First time there























































Current Mood: Exhausted!

Me and my bright ideas. Anything for a fun happy memory is my motto and boy does it backfire on me sometimes. Today was no exception. I have been wanting to take Mia and Alex to the Emu farm down the road for a while now. Especially since we are moving I wanted to take them both there for a final trip. Now that Mia is older she would really appreciate the animals more and I wanted Alex to at least go there once. So when Mia woke up at 7am this morning I had to find something to make our morning go by faster, so I decided today would be the day.

The weather was nice. It wasn't warm but a tad bit brisk. Perfect for a long walk. Alex woke up soon after Mia so that worked out. I fed him breakfast, gave Mia a snack and got ready to go. I was on a mission and a race against the sun, I knew that around 10am the sun's intensity would start to become uncomfortable. It was already 8:30am

So I got Mia dressed, I left Alex in his jammies since it was still chilly out, got the stroller down from the car and put Alex inside it. I also packed his little backpack carrier just incase I ran into problems with Mia and would have to put her in the stroller. (Thanks goodness I planned ahead because that move turned out to be a blessing in disguise)

Mia was pretty excited about going on a walk and she even helped me push Alex in the stroller. I thought that was really cute. Alex on the other hand didn't really care much about being outside so he was getting alittle fussy. I think it was because the sun was in his eyes. I put on his mismatch hat (the only one I have) and pulled the cover down in the stroller. Once the sun was out of his face he was happier.

We didn't make it very far before Mia started picking flowers on the sidewalk. We were literally only feet away from the driveway when she started this up. She would start picking the little purple flowers and then get mad that they were wet (from morning dew). I kept telling her ALL The flowers were wet but she didn't believe me, she had to touch them all herself. Of course when we stopped walking Alex got upset so when he started to really cry I told Mia we had to walk to help brother not to cry. That seemed to work. She went back to pushing the stroller with me.

I started having second thought about going all the way to the Emu far since it was quite a bit away, but I was on a mission. It was do or die we HAD To make it, it was our quest!

We kept walking and walking and things seemed to go pretty well. I even let Mia run a bit ahead of me and she really liked that. Then we came to the busy street. I really hate crossing this street because the cars drive by fast AND there is no stop sign. Its bad enough pushing a stroller across there but now I had Mia with me. So I knew what I had to do, pick her up and run while pushing Alex. So we waited until there weren't any cars, I grabbed Mia and off we ran. Man she is heavy!!! I was huffing and puffing the whole way trying not to crash Alex into the curb! Finally we made it.

We walked a bit further, almost there. We passed by more flower patches and of course Mia wanted to pick them but I had to quickly stop her when I saw tons of bees flying around. Then about 50 feet from the farm Mia decided she had enough walking and squatted down on the sidewalk and started to play with dirt and ants. I kept calling Mia but she refused to follow anymore. I tried everything, I didn't want to make a trip a negative one by yelling at her or scolding her so I just let her be and walked a bit further with Alex (who was barely awake). I took a few pictures and was sad that the Emu that we walked ALL that way for were WAAAAY on the other side of the farm, inaccessible to us and barely visible. BUMMER! However, a giant black llama came to the rescue! He slowly walked up to the fence to greet us. Thats when I finally went back, picked up Mia and carried her down to the farm with me. When she saw the Llama she got all excited! "Whats that?!" "Its a llama, Mia" "Mama!" "No Llama" "Mama!!" "Ok fine.."

Then all of a sudden this female turkey popped out of no where and started darting towards us. "Look Mia a turkey! gobble gobble!" "Gobble Gobble". She liked the turkey took. Then we walked a bit further and two GIANT aggressive male turkeys came over. They gobbled at Mia loudly and she didn't like this very much. She told me the turkeys were dirty! Then we walked more and she saw a few squirrels run into their holes, she liked these too.

As we walked further those two males turkeys followed on the other side of the fence. They kept making this sniffing sound that cracked Mia up. She would repeat the sound and make herself laugh. Eventually they gobbled at her again and she froze and stopped. Alex was fast asleep by this time and didn't wake up again.

Then a baby piglet came over and Mia ran to the fence and touched his wet nose. Once she touched it she was grossed out by it and said "ewww wet!" and didn't touch it again. Then the Mama pig came over and yes the two turkeys were back ... AGAIN! We checked out the animals for a bit and more and more started to show up. About 5-6 geese ran over, a duck, a goat with her babies, and finally some Emu. All the animals started sounding off and making tons of racket. I was surprised it didn't wake up Alex. Eventually Mia had enough and told me she was ready to go. So we said goodbye to all the animals and started to head back.

By this time the sun was really shinning bright and it was warming up. I was getting tired and I knew Mia was too. Sure enough not even half a block down from the farm Mia insisted that I pick her up. I tired to carry her but that little girl is HEAVY! I was struggling BAD and I didn't have any idea how we would make it home. There was no way I would be able to carry her the entire way, specially since I kept losing my grip and she kept sliding down farther and farther. So I would put her back down and make her walk for a bit but then she would stop whine and make me pick her up again.

This went on until we hit the busy street. Thats when I picked her back up and ran across again... this time she was MAD! I guess I was holding her wrong because she kept saying "ouchie, no Mama!" and started to cry. Once I got the kids safely across the street I put her back down. She walked a bit more then completely refused to go any further. She didn't want to be carried and she didn't want to walk. She just planted herself on the sidewalk with her blanket. OH NO!!! What was I going to do?!?!

We were still pretty far from the house and had a bit more to go but she refused. I tried bribing her with all sorts of things, like icecream, candy, gummies and even a bath when we got home! After a while not even those enticing things worked. I knew I had to swap the kids. Thankfully Alex woke up and was pretty perky. I carefully pulled him out of the stroller and strapped on the backpack. I was literally sitting in the middle of the sidewalk while doing this. What the passing cars must have thought of me!

Once I got Alex all strapped on, I literally threw Mia into the stroller since I couldn't carefully put her in since I had Alex on me. I put down the tray, and ran around and started to push the stroller really fast. That is when Mia really started to cry. I asked her what was wrong and she told me she wanted me to buckle her in too! SIGH!!!! So I stopped buckled her in which wasn't easy since I could barely see over Alex, but I managed to do it and we were on our way. By then I was exhausted and just wanted to get home in one piece.

Mia was happy to be in the stroller and Alex didn't seem to mind being in the backpack until we were about a few houses from our house. Thats when he decided to start fussing.. NOOOOOOO!

Finally we made it to the house. I quickly took off Alex and brought down Mia. Alex was super happy he was home and was all smiles. Mia insisted on that bath I promised her so I didn't even get to rest before I got her bath all ready and dumped her in. After her bath I gave her the promised icecream and set up her TV shows. Alex hung out a bit before getting tired and off to bed he went.

Phew what a morning......... though it was TONS of work.. I think it was all worth it. The memories of our big adventure together will be with me for a lifetime. There are alot of things I will miss moving away from here and the Emu farm was definately one of those things... until today. I think I had my fill! haha

























No comments:

Post a Comment