Sunday, December 12, 2010

We got out Christmas Tree


















































Current Mood: Accomplished

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

We finally got our tree today! YAY! It took awhile to choose a day where nothing was going on, the kids were being good and Adrian and I weren't so exhausted. When we couldn't find that kind of day we went anyways! HAHA

We waited until Mia took her nap and after she was up and fed (same with Alex) we took off to the tree lot we go to every year. We got a bit of a late start so it was already dark, but since we are experiencing above normal temps. it was still nice out.

Once we reached the tree lot I took Mia off the car while Adrian took Alex. Mia was so excited to see all the trees, but a bit scare of all the people and the loud noises of the chainsaws. I held her hand and we walked in. Since it is the same lot we always go too we knew exactly where to go for the trees we usually get.

Once we got there Mia warmed up a bit and started touching trees, then she started throwing dirt around. It didn't take long before she dunked her hand in some tree water and got her hand covered in muddy water, tree needles and dirt. She ran to me "Oh No Hand Dirty!" and she was right, it was a mess. We didn't take the diaper bag with us so we had nothing to clean her hands with other than Mama pants. Wonderful.... so I cleaned her hand and when she did it again I scolded her. Then she heard more chainsaws and got scared and made Daddy hold her while I carried around Alex.

Alex remained asleep the whole time we were there. We had him in his little car seat. I thought about taking him out and having him take pictures next to the trees but decided against it since we have been having a pretty difficult day and I didn't want him to wake up and start screaming again. So I just put his car seat next to the tree we wanted to buy and took some pictures.

We weren't there long before I found our tree. It was a nice little tree and Mia approved of it. We then went to the cashiers to pay for it and while Daddy was paying for our tree ($40! for a 6 foot) I showed Mia some flocked trees. She liked those alot but when she started pulling off the flock and throwing it I had to take her away.

She also found some string on the ground and was carrying that along with a branch I gave her. She even tried to show Alex her little branch it was cute. After paying for the tree they gave Mia a tiny candy cane. She was so excited to get some candy and couldn't wait to have me open it.

Then the guys tied the tree onto my car while Mia watched. She was all interested in watching them tie up the tree. After the tree was tied we all loaded back into the car. I opened Mia's candy and she ate it happily.

We were all pretty hungry so we stopped by Wendy's on the way home. Yes, we went through the drive through, tree and all! haha After getting our food we went home.

Once we got home we brought the kids into the house and Adrian untied the tree and brought it inside. Mia went nuts! She was so excited to see "Christmas Tree" and when it was put where it was going to be, she quickly tried to put her tiny branch in the tree and then her string. Already she was trying to decorate it. I then put some water into the stand and Mia started playing in it. Of course! but it wasn't to bad she just liked to go around throwing needles in the water and saying "Bye Mama, Bye Dada, Bye Brother" haha I have lots of video of her doing that. She literally did that for almost an hour. She really likes the tree... I can't wait to get the lights on and decorations.

Well mission accomplished, we finally have our tree. Its just unfortunate that I am way to tired to string the lights up or decorate the house at all right now. I was really hoping to do that so I could surprise Mia in the morning... ah well.... hopefully I will get the energy soon, till then we all can enjoy the smell of our Christmas tree even though its still naked! haha










No comments:

Post a Comment