Sunday, December 5, 2010

Alex's photo session

Wow! That went alot smoother than I expected or predicted... especially since the morning was so bad!

Today was Alex's photo day. The company that sold us his baby hospital pictures said that we get a free 8x 10 update photo of Alex as part of our package. I really don't remember this being a part of our package but hey its a free picture AND they come to your house to do it. What could I lose?!? nothing except my MIND! haha

The house has been a complete disaster for awhile now and when I couldn't get it as clean and straighted up as I would like I said the heck with it, I am to tired to mess with it anymore and fitured as long as the photographer isn't tripping over Mia's toys and there are no dirty dishes in the sink.. I don't care anymore! haha So the house was still a mess but the area I choose to have the pictures taken was decent at least.

They said they would be here around 11:30-12:30, I thought I could time his feedings around that so he would be good and happy before they got here! "Besides, (I thought to myself) people who come to your house to provide services NEVER show up on time... I got plenty of time"... WRONG!!! They got here right at 11:30 on the dot! I was not ready at all! I just woke Adrian up to help with Mia (luckily I did that) and was walking to the guestroom to dress Alex when the door bell rang! OH NO!! I was still in my jammies, my hair a mess, Alex was still asleep, he would wake up hungry and he was still in his jammie! ACK!

So Adrian answered the door and let the photographer in so she could set up. I woke up Alex and quickly dressed him. He seemed like he would be ok, he wasn't fussing but I wasn't sure what to expect. Mia was running around like crazy so Adrian had to set up the laptop on the table to calm her down and get her to stay put while the lady set up all her equipment. She had lights, backgrounds, stands, you name it!

While she was setting up (which took a good 10-15mins) Alex started to fuss. He was hungry. He just had a giant poopie about an hour before and that always cuts down the time between feedings. Then the lady asked for a couple of baby blankets to use in the photos and a small toy. Oh no!!! Luckily my two favorite blankets were in the livingroom and had just been washed so they were good to go. As for the toy I was completely out of ideas. While straighting up I put away most of Mia's stuffed animals and boxed them away for the move! I was tearing apart all her toys boxes just to find one neutral stuffed animal! All I could find were girly ones or ones with pink bows! So I ran upstairs and into her room. I was looking around and around and found her tiny little giraffe that Grandma Rebecca bought for her when she was a newborn. I grabbed that... PERFECT! and ran back downstairs. By then Alex was screaming his little head off so I decided to feed him a snack. I picked him up, whisked him away into the room and fed him.

I didn't let him eat until he was completely done since he was holding up the show! haha So when he looked like he was semi-satisfied I took him off and back into the room we went. The photographer was all set and waiting for him.

We set up our ottoman so he could lay on that for the pictures but I had to support him with my hands. He did all kinds of poses. The first ones he looked MAD! with his classic mean face but eventually warmed up and did better. Though he never really smiled (since he couldn't see me, I was behind him holding him up) he still looked pretty cute... especially all dressed up in his new little blue vest and white turtle neck. After a few pictures with his clothes on they told me to undress him down to his diaper! OH NO! I wasn't sure how he would react to that but to my shock he actually liked it! We took some more pictures of him and he was doing so well. Even the photographer commented on how good he was and how easy it was to take his picture.

Before we knew it, it was over. She had to at least have taken a good 15-20 pictures. I dressed Alex back in his jammies and the photographer packed up her stuff. She told me that another person would come by in about a week or so to go over the pictures with us once they are done editing them and if we would like we can buy some packages.

She was just about to leave when Alex blew up! He was hungry.. again! and wanted to finish eating this time. So once the lady left I sat him down and finished feeding him. He was very happy after that and knocked out in the room.

Wow! that went better than I could ever hoped! I just hope the pictures came out decent... but with Alex that is pretty much a guarantee... hes just so darn CUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment