Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Oh No! The eczema curse!

I was really, Really, REALLY hoping that the eczema curse would skip over Alex... but alas I don't think we will be that lucky. I guess I should have seen it coming since both Adrian and myself have eczema not to mention Mia as well. We battled with this horrible condition with Mia when she was less than a year for almost that entire year!!! Flare up after flare up she had, poor baby. The good news is, shes been outbreak free for over a year and seems to be doing fine.

Alex, however, has something going on. I think it might be eczema related but until I can get him in to see a doctor and get a confirmation, I can't be too sure. All I know is he has rough skin on his knees, elbows and its spreading to his whole lower leg including his shin. Unlike, Mia, myself, and Adrian the skin isn't inflamed or red, however its VERY rough to the touch and it feels just like an eczema outbreak. I've tried all the same soaps and lotions on him that I did with Mia and nothing seems to work. Not even a few new remedies. The only thing I have not tried yet are Aquafour (which I will try after his next bath) and hydrocortison. I hesitate to use the hydrocortison because it is a pretty strong steriod and until I get confirmation that it is indeed eczema from a doctor I will hold off.. unless it becomes inflamed.

If it is eczema that is causing the rough skin then hands down Alex has the worst case than all 3 of us combined! Poor baby. I hope we can find out what is causing it soon and fix it before it becomes an even bigger issue....

No comments:

Post a Comment