Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Decorate... decorate.... decorate the Christmas Tree











































Current Mood: Accomplished

Finally! we were able to set aside some time for Mia to decorate our Christmas tree. The cute thing about it all is that it was a family event. Adrian sat on the couch, Alex sat in Mia's little chair next to the tree, and I helped Mia while taking pictures of her in the livingroom. It was such a special moment for our little family and so much fun.

Before we got started I went through all my decorations and only brought out the ones Mia couldn't break or destroy. Though I had to pack away about half of them, she still had a good basket full to play with.

Once I brought them out she got so excited and quickly tried putting them on the tree. Of course she still refused to put them on tree branches no matter how many times we told her or showed her... so all her decorations are hanging from the tree lights! haha

She had so much fun, she was even singing the Gabba Gabba song "Decorate ... decorate, decorate the Christmas tree". It was priceless. She had so much fun and Alex even enjoyed watching his big sister.

Once Mia ran out of decorations it was the star time. Adrian picked up Mia with one arm and placed our star on the tree. Then I took Alex and held him with one arm as I plugged in the star with the other hand, so we all were a part of it in our own way. Mia was so excited to see the star that she started to sing "Twinkle stars" haha It was cute.

I then brought out the tree skirt and Mia gasped!! Because of the Gabba song she knew exactly what it was and where it went. She took it from me and shoved it under the tree and was all proud of herself!

Once the tree was done I went to feed Alex and Adrian went to make some dinner for himself. Mia on the other hand didn't have enough decorating so she decided to take every single ornament back off the tree, put it back in the basket and then put them back on the tree!!!! At first we let her but when she started to get frustrated and shake the tree when she couldn't either take off an ornament or put it back we had to scold her a bit.

She refused to listen and stuck to that tree like glue and still messed up all the decorations and lights. The strings of lights are now all hanging off and ornaments everywhere!!!! Its so bad that I think I will pack up all the decorations and only leave out two... her special princess one she got this year and Alex's ornament. I don't think I will have the patience to keep scolding her all day tomorrow and until Christmas to stay out of the tree... then again... its her Christmas too I should just let her enjoy it the way she wants too.









No comments:

Post a Comment