Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Awww my little "Coo Bear"


(this pic was taken a few days before but you can see the smile I am greeted with... ADORABLE!)

I have to say, one of the greatest things to wake up to is my little "Coo Bear" smiling at me.

Everyday is a battle with rest. I never get enough, but I keep pushing forward with breastfeeding because I know its the greatest gift I can provide for Alex at this stage in his life. It is the only time I can do it and if it gives him the best possible start, I will keep on sacrificing for as long as I can. With all that being said, it still doesn't make getting up every 3 or so hours to feed him. I am a walking zombie in the mornings and just when I think I can't do it anymore, I look at his little smiley face and melt.

He is cooing and smiling SOOO much now, especially with me. I love it! So when I get up in the morning, stagger to his little boppie where he is waking up all while trying to clear my head and not fall over, and I am thinking to myself "I am so tired! I can't do this anymore", I look down at him and our eyes meet. Right away I see him perk up and he gives me the biggest smile ever!!! Awwwww!!! I just melt right there. Despite him waking up cranky and hungry, once he opens his big blue eyes (yes they are still blue right now) and sees me he lights up... but only for a second before he remembers how hungry he is and starts to cry. Its ok though, that little second is reward enough for me to keep at this breastfeeding business. Because I will do anything for my little "Coo Bear"

No comments:

Post a Comment