Saturday, December 11, 2010

I don't want to jinx it!

I don't want to jinx it and I am even hesitant to write about it but I will anyway.... I think Alex is finally extending his night time sleeping!!!! YAY!!!

For three nights in a row he went 5/+ hours between feedings! WOW! Most of the time I had to wake him up in the middle of the night just so I could feed him because I thought he was going to long. For example he ate at 6pm last night and I ended up waking him up alittle after 1am! Then he went back to sleep and didn't wake up until almost 7! This is HUGE! I am hoping its a change and not a fluke. I only think it might be fluke related because the last three nights hes had a huge screaming/crying fit that lasted a long time right before bed. Two days because we went out to see Santa and he cried the whole ride to the mall and the whole ride home, and yesterday he cried on the way home from the photo studio. So I am not sure if he just wore himself out or what.

Well I will have my fingers crossed that this trend continues.... the only bad things that come with this new extended time is he eats more when he wakes up which makes it hard for me to keep up and make him full AND he has more awake time during the day which normally wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't so cranky. So yes my little happy go lucky boy is really cranky now during the days and between feedings AND he hardly naps very long at all. Overall though, I can deal with those issues in exchange for having him sleep longer at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment