Saturday, December 4, 2010

Shopping with Mama











Today Alex and I had a special outing to Babies R Us! I needed to buy him a new outfit for his pictures tomorrow. So when Mia and Daddy went down for their naps and I finished feeding the little guy off we went to the store.

He did extremely well in the car. I wasn't sure how he would do at first since he started crying once I put him in the car but once we hit the main cross road he stopped and fell asleep.. YAY!! He slept the whole ride to the store and once we got there I just put him in the basket, car seat and all.

I didn't even get into the store before two of their employees saw him and commented on how cute he was. I was all proud!!! We went into the store and I did my shopping and browsing while he slept. It was so cool to push him around in the cart.

I didn't find anything cute at first and before I knew it, the car seat started to rock by itself!! UH OH!! I lifted up the blanket that was draped over the top, and low and behold I saw two little eyes staring at me!! Yep, he was awake and not happy! I wasn't quite done shopping yet so I had to step it up a notch. It didn't take long before I heard the familiar whine, I lifted up his blanket and tried to offer his binky but he wanted no part of that. So I took the whole blanket off the car seat and that seemed to make him a bit happier. Though he wasn't cooing or smiling he wasn't whining or crying. He just stared at me with a mean look as if to say "hurry up Mama I am bored!!"

I finally found the outfit! A cute little navy blue vest with a white turtle neck.. perfect! I picked up a couple of other things we needed and headed off to the cashier and paid for our things. He just stared at me...

I went out to the car as fast as I could and packed him up... and he just stared at me...

I jumped in the car, turned on the key and thats when he started to fuss. He fussed the ENTIRE ride home. I say fuss and not cry because it was more of a whine that he did, it actually sounded kind of cute.. almost like if he was complaining. Once we got home I took him off the car and thats when he started to SCREAM and CRY! It took awhile to calm him back down but he settled down and I fed him again. He was pretty happy about that and we hung out just the two of us until his nap time.

What a fun little adventure we had, just the two of us. I can't wait to do it again!



He was whining like this the whole ride home... poor baby

No comments:

Post a Comment