Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I wish we had more money....


























































The big day finally came. I was finally able to view the photos taken from Alex's in-home photo shoot he took on the 5th. I knew it would break my heart to see all the photos that I knew we could not afford nor will be able to see again. I knew the company would over charge for everything and at this point in time we just don't have the funds to purchase anything.

So I have been excited yet dreading this day, but luck happened to shine down on us. Turns out the sales person couldn't meet us here at the home to go over the pictures and would be showing them to us via the internet! WHOOHOO For Modern Age! The lady set up the appointment for today which gave me a couple of days ahead of time to prepare for a scheme. How would I be able to capture these precious pictures??? Then it came to me! Screen capture it by using a tool in Windows. I played with it a bit and it worked! So when the time came for her to call I set up all my tools on the upstairs computer and waited patiently... and practicing fast capturing while I was waiting.

Granted the quality wouldn't be good and nothing I could ever print out but it was something and something is better than nothing at all.

Soon the call came. I was so nervous. I logged into her computer and we got started. I didn't capture right away because I was trying to set things up and at the same time was all awe struck on how good Alex's pictures came out. Then I remembered and quickly started capturing as much as I could as fast as I could all while trying to act like I wasn't doing anything but viewing the picture. Talk about multi-tasking at lightening fast speed. I did manage to capture most of the pictures but not all. Bummer....

When she was done with the presentation she went over the prices. Just as I feared... all over priced and I mean BAD! One package alone was over a grand! and the cheapest (which only inlcuded 6 pictures) was well over 120! Way to much for our pockets. Unfortunately, they are not like Sears or other photo places where they will sell you individual pictures. This place did not and only sold packages. So I couldn't buy anything extra. I did however get a complimentary free 8 x10 photo which was VERY hard to pick out. There were so many adorable pictures to choose from, but I finally decided on a unique one. One that only they had captured... a look he gave that just stole my heart. I will be posting a copy of that once we get it in the mail.

Overall I don't regret doing the photo shoot even though I only came away with a 8x10. I do have lots of memories and not to mention screen captures! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment