Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sigh.....







I am really bummed out and glad at the same time. Today was supposed to be Alex's 2 month well baby check up... I say supposed because as you might have guessed, he wasn't seen. I am bummed that we didn't get it over with and we have to come back, I am bummed that he will be behind in his immunizations but I am also glad he was spared the needle for now.

The day started off great. I had decorated the house last night so the kids and I spent most of the early morning hanging out around the lights and decorations. When Adrian got up (which he got up extra early due to our early appointment time) I quickly gave Alex a bath and fed him and he was content. I then packed some goodies for Mia to help keep her motivated to being a "good girl" while Alex saw the doctor.

We loaded up the car and off we went. Alex did great in the car, not a peep. He was asleep the whole ride to Moreno Valley (30mins). Once we arrived at the medical office, Mia was all eager to go see the doctor. I guess she doesn't remember they give "ouchies" haha. So we got her and Alex off the car and in we went. Mia was being good, she was happy that I let her wear her Santa Hat out haha

We went upstairs and went to check in and thats when they found out Alex was not covered by our insurance! I know! We have been working with Kaiser AND HP (Adrian's job) for months now trying to clear up a mistake. Looks like someone dropped the ball and now Alex couldn't be seen unless we paid $1000 cash and there were no guarantees that we would get reimbursed! I was seriously stressing out and mad but there wasn't anything we could do. Mia started getting antsy because she wanted to see the doctor so I decided to give her a prize to make her happy. I handed her a baggie of sliced apples and she was all happy with that. So back to the car we went.

Alex was still knocked out and was asleep the whole ride home until we hit our block. Mia was good too, she munched on her snack happily in the backseat while her Mama and Dada were mad at Kaiser/HP. Once we got home I changed Alex's diaper and fed him again since he was so upset. Adrian then made some phone calls and finally straightened things out. The good new is, everything is back on track and Alex will be covered, the bad news is he will be uncovered for the next two days and I can't reschedule his appointment until hes in the system! UGH! Not to mention he is already 1 week behind in his shots and now we will have to wait longer since Kaiser can never fit him in right away.... it always takes weeks.

So thats where we stand. I guess I should just focus on the good thing.. like the fact my little man didn't have to get poked today.

No comments:

Post a Comment