Wednesday, December 15, 2010

New Alex Record!


Wow! I am so happy to announce that Alex has hit a new record! He went 8 hours between a feeding for the first time!!!! YAY!!! He could have gone longer but I ended up waking him up.

I was really shocked by this new record since I thought for sure he would have a very wakeful night since he slept most of the day. Boy was I wrong, pleasantly wrong!

His last feeding was at 11pm. Since Adrian took the day off from work, so he could get in some study time for his test, he said he would watch Alex and wake me up when he needed to eat again. I took this opportunity to crawl into our warm comfy bed instead of sleeping on the couch, like I do most nights. I knocked out right away, I was so beat tired.

I did wake up around 2:30am to the cries of Alex downstairs, however, they stopped and I figured Adrian changed his diaper or something. I then heard Mia wake up, bang around in her room a bit then fall asleep, so I did too. I was then woke up to Adrian telling me its already 7am! I quickly jumped out of bed and went downstairs. Alex was still sleeping! WOW!

So I went into his room to find him all sprawled out on the bed! I gently woke him up, changed his diaper, and ran off to the livingroom with him to feed him. Boy was he starving! Poor little guy! To my surprise... again.... after he ate he went right back to bed! Yay! My little sleepy head returns!

I am so happy, BEYOND, happy to see that his periods between feedings are finally extending at night. Days are another story but heck I rather be a vending machine during the day than at night anytime!

Oh and by the way, this new record came with some bonuses for Mama too! Not only did I wake up more refreshed than I have in a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time but I also produced lots of Milk for Alex (something that I have been lacking for almost a week now) I am so excited! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment