Thursday, December 2, 2010

Alex's First Trip to the Park



























Today was a special day for my little man. It was his first trip to the Park across the street. Since fall has officially set in its been COLD, so when the weather oddly warmed up to a decent temp. we took full advantage of it.

We originally planned on going yesterday but Mia's nap lasted a bit longer than we planned and it got cold again.. FAST! So today we decided to skip Mia's nap and take both kids out to the park. (Kids I love saying that!)

Unfortunately, about a half hour before our trip Alex got in a bad mood. This is very unusual for my mostly happy little boy. Nothing seemed to cheer him up and eventually I just laid him down for a cat nap. That didn't work and when it was almost time to go, I just ended up feeding him extra early because you know how food makes guys happy! haha Well it worked and we were on our way.

I put Alex in Mia's stroller, strapped on my camera, took a couple of blankets and off the four of us went. Once we got near the park Mia bolted to the jungle gym, Daddy was with her and I was with Alex.

Finally Alex and I got to the jungle gym where Mia was and thats when he started to cry again! Oh No!!!! I picked him up and when the sun hit him he turned into a little vampire! He jerked all around trying to avoid it, squinting his eyes shut and opening his mouth all wide in a panic sort of way. I had to turn him in a way where the sun was blocked and he finally calmed down. I then walked him to the tree where I took Mia for her first time at the park. It wasn't shady but it was still nice.

Just as I got to the tree I felt something warm on my arm, I looked over and OMG a TON and I mean a TON of baby milk streamed down my arm! Yes he threw up and no it wasn't any normal spit up, it was so much that it put the movie The Exorcist to shame! It was draining out of his mouth all over himself, his clothes and down my arm!! NOOOOO!!!! I so quickly laid him down on the blanket I had and cleaned him up as best as I could. I then ran to the stroller and pulled out the second blanket I brought and then started to pose him for pictures.

He did "ok" with the pictures. He refused to smile or coo and eventually started to cry. Oh well... So I picked him up and held him a bit then gave him to Adrian so I could spend some time with Mia.. who was also cranky because she skipped her nap.

She went down the slide a couple of times then ran off to play in the mud with "bugs". She found a dog paw print in the dirt and called it a "turkey hand" and then started throwing dirt on bugs. I hung out with her for a bit then Adrian and I traded places again... mostly because Alex had a hair in his mouth and he couldn't get it out. I tried myself and I couldn't either.. it eventually disappeared... I don't know what happened with that hair or how it got there.

Soon Mia started acting up again and we all had to go home. Alex started crying once we reached the house and Mia soon followed suit. Ah well..

So much for a pleasant trip to the park as a family... maybe next time will be better haha




No comments:

Post a Comment