Friday, December 10, 2010

Alex's Photo-Shoot at Babies R Us























Today Alex had another big day with the camera. I had him take pictures at the picture studio they have at Babies R Us. They are currently running a special where you get a free holiday collage with no sitting fee and an extra 20% off your purchase. I have been so excited about getting his picture taken again since his last photo shoot at the house and I figured since the collage is free, why not?! Especially since this year is special... its his first Christmas!

So I scheduled the appointment around Mia's nap time so Adrian wouldn't have to solo her too long. When it got closer to the appointment time, I fed Alex and dressed him in his holiday outfit his Grandpa Pizano bought him on his last visit and said my goodbyes to Adrian and Mia. (He looked TOO CUTE in his outfit by the way!) I then packed him up in the car. He was in pretty good spirits too. No crying at all! Infact he didn't make a peep the whole 30 min drive to Moreno Valley! AWESOME!

Once we got there I took him off the car and placed his car seat in the basket and checked in at the studio. I was a bit early but checked in anyway. They confirmed my appointment and asked me to come back in about 10-15mins since the people before me were still taking pictures. OH NO!!! I wasn't sure how long Alex's good mood would last, but I couldn't do anything about it. So I left and browsed a little then went to return some items I bought earlier. The line for customer service was HUGE!!! I really didn't want to wait in it but I didn't know when the next time I would be out again and I HAD to return a few things. So we stood in line. Alex did good for awhile, until he grew tired. I was rocking him in the basket while I was standing in line because as soon as I would stop any motion he would get mad. The rocking eventually put him to sleep!! OH NO!!!! So he slept while I was in line and eventually it was my turn and I returned my items and went back to the studio.

Once I got back they were ready for me. Alex was still knocked out. So I let him sleep a bit longer while they set up the background. I was unsure if I should wake him up, hes a wild card, sometimes hes ok and perky sometimes hes mad. So I gently took him out of his car seat and he was still knocked out. I held him awhile and contemplated my dilemma. Soon they were done and a decision had to be made. I decided to roll the dice and took my chance at waking him up.

It didn't take much to wake him up and lucky for all of us he was in good mood. Not a smiley mood but at least he wasn't crying. They took ALL sorts of pictures of him and like his sister he refused to smile in almost all of them and gave a mean face for most of them. He did good though, never fussed... well he did cry once when they put him in a chair to sit.. he didn't like that at all. But all the other poses went great.

Once they were done they told me to come back in about 15mins so I could review the pictures. I wasn't sure what to do with Alex for that long and I knew he would start getting fussy soon. So I took his vest off to make him more comfortable and put him back in his car seat. I had to buy diapers anyways so we went to do that. He did really well until about halfway through shopping then he started to fuss and I had to give him his binky... after that he was content. I stood in a long line AGAIN and bought the diapers I needed, then headed back to the studio.

Once I arrived and checked in again, they said they weren't done yet... SIGH... so Alex and I had to wait longer. I kept rocking him in the cart hoping to make him sleepy and it worked! He fell asleep again! YAY!!! By then they were ready for me and sat me down to review the pictures.

Good Grief their packages were expensive. Would you believe they offered a thousand dollar package deal!?!? Our wedding pictures weren't even that expensive! Sheesh!! But I have to admit the pictures came out really cute. So after listening to their whole shpeel about what they had to offer I finally told them I was only interested in their free collage and a few 8 x10 s (which were only $9 each). Then came the hard part... what pictures to pick? I wanted them ALL but knew I couldn't afford them all. So I picked my top 3 then collage. Once all that was done they sent me back to the registers up front to pay. So I had to stand in line AGAIN!! and pay for the pictures, then I headed back. For $3 extra I could have them printed out on site, so I paid for only the collage to be printed out and I would come back for the other 3 8 x 10s later.

I picked up the collage and it was so cute! I am very happy with it. Alex remained asleep the entire ride home! YAY! We even stopped by Walgreens to pick up a couple of other free 8 x 10's I had waiting for me and he still slept through that. However once I put him back in the car he woke up MAD! and screamed the rest of the ride home. Ah well.. once we got home, I changed his diaper, put on his jammies and fed him. That made him happy again.

Overall I am happy with the pictures, although I don't think I will be back. Its not because Alex was bad, infact he was so good the photographers even commented on how good he was, it is because it kills me that I can't afford to buy every single picture!!! So until our money situation improves I can't torture myself anymore haha

No comments:

Post a Comment