Saturday, December 4, 2010

8 Weeks



Good Morning!!! It is a little after 8am and already my morning is showing signs that it won't be an easy one. Alex just ate but refuses to get comfy enough to fall asleep, Mia is already awake (and has been off and on all night, I think it was due to her cold) and my stomach isn't feel to good. However, this is the only time I can write this blog since the day will be pretty busy preparing for Alex's Big Photo Shoot tomorrow here at the house. Thats right a photographer is coming to the house to take Alex's picture. It is a part of the package deal from the hospital picture people, that we bought awhile ago. So today will be spent cleaning and shopping for a new outfit for Alex. Ok enough said onto the weekly review...

Taking care of a newborn and a toddler is no easy task. Things can change in an instant from good to AAAAHHHH! haha I wrote a good example of it earlier this week. Everything seemed fine until Alex woke up was feeding and Mia pooped, then Alexed Pooped, then Alex threw up, then Mia pooped again! What a whrilwind of a moment but like all other moments, I got through it... barely! haha I can't say that things are getting any easier but I am becoming better at the act of balancing and that helps.

Alex went through a tough growth spurt the week before and thankfully for me, it has shown signs of slowing down. He is back on his regular feeding schedule and though some times he needs to eat more frequent it isn't anything like the previous week. I am glad I survived my first growth spurt and with it came the reward of producing more milk! I got up to 7oz for the first time this week and I am so happy about that... I am sure Alex is too! haha

My little "Coo Bear", thats my new nickname for him since he coos at me ALL the time. I love going up to him and once he sees me he coos and smiles so big! It brightens my day and helps me get through the rough feed/non-sleeping patches. He is only 8 weeks and already knows how to charm me.

He also had a big day this week. He went to the park for the first time!!! Though he didn't like it much, especially the sun, we did hang out there for a good hour. I can't wait to take him out again!

Well I would write more but Mia is now screaming so I need to get her up and double check on Alex. A Mama's work is NEVER done...

No comments:

Post a Comment