Saturday, December 11, 2010

9 Weeks



Its that time again! Alex turns another week old! He is officially 09 weeks now! almost a double digit number! There is no turning back now, hes growing up so fast!

This week has been interesting to say the least. I guess you can say this week's theme has been pictures, pictures, pictures. Poor little Alex's eye must hurt from all the flash. He not only had an in-home photo shoot with the photographer from the hospital, he had his own "Mama" photo shoot for turning 2 months old AND I took him down to Babies R Us to get his holiday pictures taken. Poor little Alex, but the good news is not only did he do REALLY well and we got alot of great pictures, but that should be the last set... until Christmas time that is! Mwhahahaha! haha

Mia and Alex are getting along great. They always make each other happy. Whenever Alex sees hs big sister he lights up, smiles and coos so loud! She can get him to react so much to her so easily, even easier than ME! and vise versa, Mia lights up and gets all excited when she see she can make him smile and coo. I love how they get along, I just wish it could always be like this.

Alex is still loving bathtime and I am loving it. It makes things so much easier for sure! If hes having a bad evening and crying uncontrollably I will draw him a warm bath and that will snap him right out of it. Well until I take him back out, then all bets are off. But in the meantime he does awesome in the bath and even lets me wash his hair without crying!

We are also having major diaper issues. Pampers are officially on my bad list!, for Alex at least. They do not hold anything with regards to his poopies. Hes in size 2 and he is always having blow outs with the Pampers. It happened so much that we had to upgrade him to size 3 pampers but those weren't cutting it either because he would wiggle so much he would wiggle right out of the diaper!!! So its back to Huggies for him. Since we made the switch things have calmed down somewhat and hes in stage 2.

He can roll on his side from his back now!! WOW! Talk about early development. Though he doesn't always do it, and mainly does it if I walk away from him and he wants to see where I went, it has happened more than once. Infact I had him propped up on a pillow in a sort of incline one morning and walked away only to come back and find him literally rolling over, and the momentum made him roll all the way over to his face!!! I was shocked and scared at the same time, if I had the pillow turned another way he would have rolled right off the couch and onto the floor!!! I really need to start being careful now more so than before.

He also took his first shopping trip to the Lake Elsinore Oulets! Though he screamed bloody murder in the car he did really well while we shopped. He slept the whole time and even missed out on a meeting with Santa. Thats ok though, we took the kids back the next day and had them take pictures with Santa. So he got to meet him then, and he did really well though Santa kept poking his nose and Alex didn't like that much. The picture came out really cute though.

Overall the week has been lots of fun. I know this upcoming week is going to be a wild card week. He will be getting his first round of shots.. OH NO!!! I have no idea how he will react to those or if he will get sick. I have my fingers crossed that he will be like Mia and take it like a champ. Uh-Oh hes crying I have to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment