Thursday, December 23, 2010

Alex Laughs for the First Time!!!

I did it!! I did it! I finally managed to get my little man to laugh!!!!! I am so excited!! Wow what a great start to the day!

For sometime now I have started to notice that he was getting closer and closer to laughing. He is such a happy, smiley baby that I knew it wouldn't take very long before he discovered how to laugh (other than in his sleep that is). Then yesterday he took a huge step towards laughing...

It was evening time and things were winding down. He had just eaten and pooped! So after I changed him, and Mia was off playing with her toys, I decided to squeeze in some quick Mama/Alex time. He was laying on his back on the couch and I was next to him talking to him, stroking his cheek (which he LOVES) and playing with him. He was smiling all big and cooing like crazy. Then I did his next favorite thing (which I just recently discovered a couple of days ago) I took both his little hands and shook them around (gently) all while saying "hi hi hi hi". He goes nuts when I do this and was on the verge of laughing!! I tried so hard but I just couldn't coax that little chuckle out. I tried and tried and finally gave up when be became bored with our little game.

Well it finally happened though, today was the day he choose to give Mama an early Christmas present. It was early morning and I just fed him. I was drained and tired and really wanted to attempt to catch another hour or two of sleep before Mia woke up for the day. Unfortunately, Alex didn't want to go back to bed. Usually we have some one-on-one time in the morning but I was way to tired. I put him down hoping that he would get tired since the sun had not come up yet. WRONG! It didn't take long before he started to call out to me and get a little fussy. I felt guilty for putting him back in his bed even though he wasn't very tired so I got up to get him.

Once I reached him in the pack and play napper, he took one look at me and smiled all big! Though it was still pretty dark in the room his little gummy smile shined through. I couldn't just leave him there, so I talked to him a bit seeing if he was tired... nope... so I picked him up and laid him on the guest bed on top of his Grandpa's blanket (which he loves to nuzzle by when he sleeps on the bed). I laid down next to him and chatted with him. I was so sleepy and my eyes felt so heavy. I was hoping he would get tired soon so I could go back to bed.

I tried to shut my eyes for a bit but all his cooing kept making me want to look at him. Yes, hes a charmer already! So I talked to him and soon started playing as well. I really got into making him coo and smile. I then started to play peek-a-boo with him and that really got him cooing and smiling. Then I started to tickle him a little below his neck, on his upper chest, like I always do and for the first time I started to see a tiny laugh starting to break through!!!! I got excited! So I tickled him some more and really acted silly. He lit up more and sure enough I heard it! He started to laugh! A cute little baby laugh! I was floored! I couldn't believe what I just heard!!! So I did it again and again he started to crack up! The more I did it the more he would laugh. I was stunned and I think he was too because when he stopped he looked all shocked haha. I tried again a few more times but it only worked a couple of times before he grew bored and finally became tired.

YAY!!!! Alex hit a milestone! I am so proud and so extremely excited that my little guy can laugh now!! I can't wait to share the good news and really can't wait to capture it on video! I am still in shock that he did it so early too! Mia was a little over 3 months before she laughed for the first time (and it was Daddy who got to see it first). I always felt alittle bummed about that since I tried so hard everyday to get her to laugh but never could. Then Adrian plays with her and she choose him to laugh at (while I was away) I was a bit sad. So having this moment with Alex really made my day! I am so happy he choose me!

No comments:

Post a Comment