Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How a morning can change in an instant!

Current Mood: Tired

Now that I have a short window of time to blog, I just HAD to tell this story before I went go to bed. I thought it gave a perfect example on how fast a morning can change from mild and quiet to chaotic in the manner of seconds!

The morning started off fine, nothing to big going on. Alex was sleeping in the guest room and Mia and I were hanging out in the livingroom watching her Disney Princess Movie. Things were quiet and mellow so I decided to give my Dad a quick call since we rarely get to talk long anymore due to the kids demands on me. Little did I know what was in store for me mins. after calling my Dad...

He answered the phone and it was literally seconds later did I hear Alex crying in the room. OH NO!! So much for my phone call. I knew Alex had to eat and though I have juggled the phone, Mia and feeding Alex before, I just had a feeling I wouldn't do so good this time around, so I hung up with my Dad. Good call on my behalf now that I think about it.

I went over to the room and picked up Alex. He was screaming hysterically... boy was he hungry. So I walked him to the living room, set up the pillows and all I needed to feed him and then got him all set. Things were going good for the first couple of seconds then Mia comes around and says "Oh No! Poopies" as she grabs her butt. OH NO!! Now I am stuck and I don't know what to do. Mia had not gone poopies in TWO days so I wasn't sure what was in store for me in that diaper, plus she was wearing her Snow White costume.. I didn't want her to get poop on it! On the other hand, Alex just started to eat and he was starving, not to mention my milk just started to let down which means if I took him off now it would go EVERYWHERE! What to do What to do!?!

So I decided to give Alex a few more seconds in hopes he would drain me enough so it wouldn't be to messy when I took him off. At the same time I kept Mia talking so she wouldn't decide to run off or worse sit down!

Then the time came.. I had to act fast!....

I quickly took Alex off and laid him on the couch. He was NOT happy about this and let out a HUGE scream and again was crying hysterically. I quickly ran over to Mia laid her on the ground and changed her diaper as fast as I could. Then I ran over to Alex, set him up again and started to feed him again. Phew!! I thought to myself, wow pretty cool I am pro. What I didn't know, however, was the worse was NOT over...

Just as I started to let my guard down I heard a HORRIBLE noise come from Alex's diaper! Thats right... he pooped too!! OH NO!!!!! and it was BIG! I didn't want him to have a blow out so I quickly took him off ... again!.... and laid him on the couch. Again, he wasn't happy but what made things worse is since I didn't get a chance to burp him either time I took him off he ended up spitting up TONS of milk all over himself and left a huge puddle on the couch! Our good couch too! NOOOOO!!!! I quickly sprang up and grabbed a face towel Mia had been playing with earlier and cleaned up the milk. Mia got mad that I used her towel but I quickly distracted her by running out of the room. She thought it was a game and started to chase me while "roaring". I grabbed a new diaper for Alex and ran back to him. Sure enough his diaper was PACKED! EWWW!! I quickly cleaned him up and got him all set up again and again started to feed him. Finally, I thought.... well nope it wasn't over. Not even a couple of mins later I saw Mia in the kitchen with her dress pulled up and she was grabbing at her diaper. I asked her whats wrong and she said "oh no poopies!" NOOOO!! Not again! Are you kidding me?!?!?!

This time I decided to let Alex finish eating and once he was done I checked Mia. Luckily it was a false alarm and there was nothing in her diaper. YAY!!!

Wow what a chaotic few mins. You see, you never know what will happen when you have two little ones. One min. you think you can rest and relax and before you know it.. all Heck breaks loose!! I am just glad that I handled it as good as I did otherwise EVERYONE would be in trouble! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment