Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Little Heart Broken Mia













Current Mood: Sympathetic

Sigh..my little Mia. At times shes running all over the place trying to conquer the world. Nothing can stop her or get in her way. Other times shes sensitive and her little bubble can be burst so easily. Today was another one of those moments... poor little Mia.

I had Alex sitting up against the couch cushion and was taking pictures of him. Mia noticed and wanted me to take pictures of her too. So I took some of her (even though her mouth was covered in blueberries), some of him, and some with both. Mia was all excited and really liked taking pictures for once (she usually doesn't like her picture taken). What made her even more excited was the baby sitting on the couch. She wanted to sit closer to him and eventually got enough courage to sit directly next to him. (She still tends to shy away from physical contact with her brother). I thought to myself, AWESOME! now I can get some really good shots of both of them together... WRONG!

That is when Mia got alittle too excited and looked over at her brother and said "eye!" and literally poked Alex in the eye just as I took a picture! I quickly put the camera down and scolded Mia not to touch "baby eye!" It was at that point that her little world came crashing down. I didn't notice it right away, but when I took the next picture it was hard not to notice.

She quickly began to pout, her little lip curled down, she put her head down and tears just started streaming down her cheeks. She didn't cry out loud but instead did a sort of wimper. She was crushed. I quickly tried to comfort her and console her but I couldn't. It literally took about 5 mins before I could snap her out of it. During that Alex just sat there and watched. Finally after she perked up she said "baby eye ... cry" and thats when I knew that she was not upset that I scolded her but upset that she hurt her baby brother. I then brought the baby over to her to show her he was ok and that made her happy again.

Little Mia, she really does love her brother otherwise she wouldn't have cared so much about poking his eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment