Saturday, November 20, 2010

6 Weeks!


Good Morning! Happy Saturday! Alex is 6 weeks old today! Almost a full month and a half! Wow! He is sleeping next to me right now in the pack n play out here in the living room so I am trying to be extra quiet and type as softly as I can. Its been REALLY cold lately and last night was the worst because of a storm blowing in. It was so cold that I thought Alex caught a cold because he kept sneezing in his sleep and sounded really congested. I was all worried and literally bundled him up using 3 blankets and his warm jammies and socks but it didn't help. It didn't go away until Daddy heated up the living room with the fireplace. Even our house heater wasn't enough. Now hes all warm and toasty, hopefully he will stay like that and not catch his sister's cold!

This week was lots of fun. Grandpa Pizano was down for a visit for the week so him and Alex had lots of bonding time... when Mia allowed it. Grandpa even got to feed him a bottle at night! He is only the second person ever to feed Alex a bottle (Daddy is the first). He did really well too. Grandpa soloed him a few times too when I left for a doctor's visit a couple of times as well. One thing that Alex did to Grandpa that wasn't too good was he pooped on him... yes AGAIN! Sigh.. little Alex the pooping machine! haha

After pooping on Grandpa again, and a day before on Daddy (again!) we decided to graduate him to stage 2 diapers! I am still in shock over that. Mia didn't wear 2's until she was way older! We had no choice though, the blow outs were happening too frequently. So even though the diapers are so big on him that they come up way past his belly button they do manage to keep it in. We haven't tried Huggies though, we never seem to have luck with those and him. Guess he wants to be a full fledge pamper kid too, just like his big sister.

He is becoming more and more aware as the weeks go by. I can talk to him and he will look at me and smile and coo (it takes some work to get him to do that but he will) but I never seen him take to someone so well as he does with his big sis Mia! He literally lights up, calms down and is always watching what shes is doing. It is the cutest thing to see, especially since Mia loves him so much and loves to talk to him.

His hair?!?! Where is it going?! My little man is losing his hair on top. Its getting thinner and thinner and now there is hardly any! I am not sure if this is just natural or if its my fault. I know its my fault to an extend because I treated his scalp for cradle cap and scrubbed a bit too much (no not to hard, I said too much) and some fell out. I feel so bad for that and I hope it goes back soon. The rest of his head is growing lots of hair, if anything he will look like hes balding for a bit then grow a mullet by the time his top hair grows out again. Looks like he will be getting a hair cut sooner than later if that happens haha

I also had my final OB check up this week! YAY! I got the green light to exercise again and I can't wait to do it. Right now I can't because I am way to tired and Alex's feeding schedule won't permit me yet, but soon! Very soon! and it can't come soon enough, I am gaining my weight back NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! The lowest I hit was 163 and now I am back at 172!!! YIKES! I really need to start walking or something... QUICK!

Mia is really starting to get into sharing with Alex and when I rolled out a play mat that I got from my Brother and Sis-in-law, and put Alex in it, Mia had to get in it too. At first I thought she just wanted to hog it and take it away from Alex but that wasn't true. As soon as I tried to take the baby out when he was crying she insisted that I put the baby back where he was, which was right next to her. I thought that was the cutest thing ever... she really does like her little brother.

Well that about does it for the week. I would write more but I am so tired and I want to get some rest before Alex or Mia wake up. Once that happens and the day officially starts, it doesn't stop again until Mia goes to bed at 9! Talk about LOOOONG days! But so worth it, I Love my kids so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment