Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Our little Thanksgiving 2010



















Current mood: Stuffed

Wow what a day! We celebrated our little family Thanksgiving. Yes, we celebrate it a day early but thats our tradition in our little family. The reason for that is, most Thanksgivings Adrian either worked or we had to travel out of town to see family. There was no way we could have our own little Tday AND do all of that so we bumped it up a day early. It isn't so bad, it really works out for our family, plus we get a jump start on some good ol' food!!

I am the one who cooks the turkey and prepares ALL the food. So last night I prepared the bird and popped him in the oven at 7am. My goal time to eat was 2-3 but we didn't get it out until 4! I think I left it in there a bit to long, it wasn't burnt or anything but it was so tender that the wings fell off when I tried to transfer it to the turkey plate. Not only that, we couldn't get it out of the foil holder at all! I literally had to use two giant soup spoons and try to pry it out as Adrian held on to the sides of it and we tossed it on the plate... literally!! I was kind of upset since I wanted it all intact so the kids could pose in front of it. So Adrian put one of the wings back as best as he could on the side that looked the best. The ugly side had a missing wing and the leg was falling off too! It was a disaster!

There was so much running around to do to get everything ready and the table set. Luckily for me, Mia was taking a nap and so was Alex so it gave me some time kid free. However, just as I was about to finish and get Mia up, Alex woke up. I knew he would be hungry so there would only be a short amount of time to take his picture in front of the turkey before he would get cranky so we quickly ran him to the table. I held him as Adrian took pictures, but Alex wanted no part of it and was grumpy the whole time. Soon he was screaming and we had to put the camera away. I then fed him while Adrian got Mia up. After Alex was fed it was Mia's turn for pictures.

To my surprise she actually did EXTREMELY well and I was able to get some really cute pictures. She didn't smile though but thats ok Mia NEVER smiles for pictures. Poor Alex was screaming again during this time. I wanted to get one family picture so I grabbed Alex and tried to sooth him as fast as I could. I had the camera on the tripod and I put the self timer on and ran Alex over in my arms and posed as fast as I could. I did manage to get a couple of family pictures so that was good.

Finally it was time to eat. We set Mia up at her little feeding chair and she got all the fixings and some juice. We said our special thanks (even Mia said "Thank you") and we chowed down. I didn't think she would eat any of her food (though she did like my Turkey and stuffing last year) but she actually did! She even tried some mashed potatoes which she never likes! In the end she only ate the stuffing and turkey but she did try the potatoes and corn and for that I am proud of her.

Alex on the other hand was crying hysterically. I didn't want to lay him down alone in the other room and I knew he would just scream all through dinner so I decided to pick him up and hold him while I ate. He didn't mind that one bit. Once in my arms he quieted down and didn't make a peep during dinner. In a way I am glad it worked out that way because he was apart of our Thanksgiving Dinner though he couldn't eat anything. All four of us were at the table and I was so happy even though it wasn't easy balancing him with one hand and trying to feed myself with the other... Turkey ended up flying all over the place.
After I was done eating, I fed Alex again then zoomed off to Target to buy Mia some dress shoes for tomorrow. Her and Daddy are going to San Diego to see her Cardoso family. Alex and I will be staying home and resting. He is a bit to little to travel that far and so I don't want to take him out.

Overall our thanksgiving was WONDERFUL! I can't believe how fast our little family is growing. I remember making Thanksgiving dinners for just Adrian and myself and now we have two little ones at the table. I love my little family and am so thankful for each and everyone of of them..

Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment