Tuesday, November 9, 2010

1 Month Old Today!



Current mood: Proud

Today is a BIG Milestone for little Alex. He is 1 month old today! My little man is growing up so fast. Though time seems to be at a stand still when I am overly tired and just trying to get through the day, in retrospect it is already zooming by. It literally feels like I just left the hospital and now hes 1 whole month old! Judging by how fast Mia is growing I need to really take the time and really enjoy my little one while he is still soft, fuzzy and little! Yes, I love his little fuzzy head... his hair is so soft I just love to rub my cheek on it.

This month has been a great month, lots of things happening and lots of changes. Though I would love to go into detail of every thing again, I cannot. Time is never on my side and as I write this I am on borrowed time since Mia will be waking up any min. I can only write blogs in the small amount of time between Alex going to sleep after a feeding and Mia waking up for the day. I am already behind scheduled so I have to speed things up a bit. I have decided that I will formate his monthly reviews the same way as Mia's. Just as a small bulletpoint summary... if you would like to read more detail the full blogs of that event are posted on here.

Well with 1 month down and many more to go, I would like to say, that I am so beyond happy. I couldn't be happier (or more tired) than I am right now. I truly feel blessed and that my little family is complete. I am happiest most during the rare moments where I can hold Alex and have Mia cuddle next to me on the couch. That is the most precious, greatest, most awesome timeever. I love my babies!

Summary:
He was born!! (obviously haha)

Had jaundice for a couple of weeks but finally got over it

Got his first present from his Big Sister (a flower sticker on his hand)

Had his first bath in the baby tub

Mama took him ALONE to a check up for the first time (TWICE)

Drank from his first bottle (so far only had 3 since he was born)

He is VERY picky about his binky's he only likes 1 type, a blue one from NUK, we have tried others but he rejects them

Had a LONG visit with his Grandpa Pizano and later Grandma Rebecca

Watched his first World Series and his team WON! GO GIANTS!

He is a peeing machine, though now Mama and Daddy are getting wise on what to watch out for before it happens... but yes we still get peed on at times

Had trouble with the newborn size Huggies (too big) and Pampers (darn exploding crystals)

Graduated to size 1 diapers (pampers only so far)

Had numerous poopie blow outs .. YUCK

Got his name T-Rex from the way he insists on keeping his hands close to his chin and together

His belly button fell off

Took pictures at a studio with his Big Sister Mia

Went to the pumpkin patch for the first time

Celebrated his first Halloween

Trick-or-Treated at the mall for the first time

He pooped on his Grandpa Pizano

We had our first family outing to a restaurant

Took a bath in the sink (didn't go so well and won't happen again! haha)

He smiled while awake for the first time

He LOVES to sleep in his boppie

Went shopping with Mama for the first time (ALONE) and to Babies R Us


Feedings: I am still solely breastfeeding so I am not sure how much he is actually eating. However, when I pump I manage to get 2.5 oz out so I am guessing hes up around there. He eats an average of every 3 hours, however, at night or during certain rare times during the day he can go up to 4-5 hrs between feedings. He is a great eater and I really don't have many problems with him. All the latching problems that would pop up here and there are pretty much gone and he can go between the binky, bottle and myself without any confusion. Hes a growing boy so I find myself feeding him from both sides more frequently now but I still seem to fill him up, something I wasn't able to do with Mia.



New Things:

He is becoming more alert everyday, he is cooing, smiles while awake, turns his head to track you, can go up to 5 hours between feedings at night and sometimes during the day (though rare), drank from his first bottle, we were able to take him out to eat a couple of times, went shopping with Mama, he can lift and turn his head, he can sleep alone in the room in either his boppie or napper, hes a pooping machine!!!! (sometimes he will poop 5+ times in an hour!)

Weight:

Goals for Next Month:

Have him sleep in the pack and play more either in the napper or flat on the bed. Maybe get him to sleep in his crib (not sure how realistic that is since we don't even have sheets for it yet and its still in Mia's room! haha) Extend the period between feedings to 4 hours consistently.











No comments:

Post a Comment