Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mama and Son First Shopping Trip







Today was a special for us, and it wasn't even really planned that way. It so happens that little Miss Mia got ahold of my breast pumping supplies somehow and lost a vital part!!!! OH NO!! The only store that carries that part is Babies R Us, and I can't pump without it. Since I am dragging so bad today and next week will be tough on me, I wanted to pump tonight so I can get a straight shot at sleep... so off to the store I needed to go.

Again, the trip wasn't really planned and since Adrian took Mia to San Marcos with him for some stuff he needed, I had no choice but to take Alex with me to Babies R Us. I wasn't too nervous about it since I have solo'd him before at two doctor's visits, but I have never been shopping with him. I wasn't sure if he would scream in the store or not.

So after giving him a HUGE lunch, he knocked out on the couch. I got ready then got his stuff ready then packed him up in the car seat. He stirred alittle but remained asleep WHOOHOO! I put him in the car and off we went. To my surprise he didn't wake up once on the ride down there (about a 20 mins drive). Once we got to the store, I got a cart and loaded him up. Thats when he started to cry. UGH OH!!! but once I put his car seat in the cart and walked with him a bit he fell back asleep. PHEW!

I shopped for what I needed (and alittle extra, I just HAD to buy this cute little striped red polo shirt for him that was on clearance) and I was so happy to see he never woke up! Not even once! I was relieved, and bought what I needed and headed back to the car again and loaded him up. He remained asleep till about half way home, then he let out a HUGE scream and screamed and cried for about 5 mins then fell asleep. Now we are home. I still have him in his car seat here next to me. I haven't woken him up yet because I know I wouldn't have time for this blog once he did wake up. Now that this is taken care of, I will check his diaper. I am sure his scream was due to a poopie which is classic for him to do while driving for some reason. Not sure if its the vibration of the car or what but it never fails. Then I will pop him into the bath to help relax him for the night.

Anyway, the trip went VERY well and I am so glad and relieved for that. Who knows maybe this is the beginning of more Mama baby trips in the near future??!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment