Thursday, November 4, 2010

1 Month Check Up











Today was the day... Alex's 1 month check up, even though he isn't even officially 1 month yet. I was scared because I would have to take him by myself again (the appointment was scheduled too early in the morning for Adrian and Mia to go) so I was scared he would get his shots and I would have to hold home down! Luckily, he doesn't get his shots until his next visit in Dec. so that buys me some time, hopefully Daddy will be able to join me.

Grandma Santos is in town for a visit which is also a treat. She came down to help out with whatever she could/can, so first on the list was watching Mia in the morning while I took Alex out. I got him ready, dressed him in his Giants shirt, and off we went after he had some breakfast. He did good most of the ride until he decided to poop himself and cry the rest of the way there.

We are experiencing a heat wave so even at 10am it was already 90! So I tried to get him out of the car as fast as I could but when I realized he had poopies that held things up a bit. I ran him over to the passenger side of the car and changed him there, then put him in his stroller and we rolled into the clinic.

Once we got inside the cool medical office he calmed down and was a happy little clam again. He just hung out and waited to be seen. They called us back pretty quickly which was nice. They measured his head and took his temp then put us in a room.

I had to get him undressed so he could get weighed. He did really well and didn't cry even when I put him on the scale. He now weighs 8 lbs 12 oz!!! WOW!!! He is gaining so fast and I am so proud of myself since its all me. He has yet to drink formula and has only had two breastmilk bottles! GO MAMA! Anyways after they weighed him, they measured him and he is up to 21 inches!!! The nurse commented on how big is going to be (tall wise) and I was all proud. After she wrote down what she had to she left and we waited for the doctor to come in.

I had him laying on the table while we waited and he actually noticed his reflection in the mirror. He was all interested in looking at himself. I talked to him and played with him, so we had some nice Mama/Son bonding time. It was then that I really started to realize how aware he is now! My little man is growing up. Soon he got bored and I had to pick him up and walk him around the room a bit. Soon the doctor came in...

I put him back on the table and the doctor did his exam. He also commented on his growth and how well he is doing. He checked his stomach, back, head, eyes, ears everything and everything checked out GREAT! YAY! The only time Alex fussed a bit was when the doctor gagged him with the tongue depressor. Poor baby, but overall he did awesome! I was so proud. The only thing is recommended is that I keep cleaning out his belly button and actually told me to pull it apart and really get inside to clean it. YUCK!!!! There was still some remince of his umbilical cord inside..EW! Other than that we got a clean bill of health. He also commented on how aware he is. He was really surprised on how aware he is at such a young age. I wasn't to shocked, Mia was the exact same way. After answering a few questions we were good to go.

I put his little Giants shirt back on (which by the way we got commented on by the doctor and nurse) and we headed out. He was still doing so well and didn't even cry. I got him packed up in the car and we headed home. I was so happy that he didn't make a peep and didn't cry once. What a good boy. Once we made it home I fed him lunch and he knocked back out.

I am so proud of my little man, he is doing so well and is so healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment