Saturday, November 27, 2010

7 Weeks


Happy Saturday Everyone! Burrrrr!!!!!!!!! Its one COOOOLD morning! I am sitting here on the couch next to Alex. Hes all bundled up to the max, we have a fire going in the fireplace on one end of the livingroom and on the other we have the floor heater on and its still chilly!! YIKES! Hello Wintertime!

This week has been another eventful week. Not only did Alex celebrate his very first Thanksgiving but he finally got introduced to the torture of Mama and her camera. Yes, he suffered my wrath of dressing him up, posing him in numerous ways, and blinding him with the flash. It wasn't all for nothing though, I got some really cute pictures.

Hes smiling a TON more now and it doesn't take much for me to get him to smile. I just look at him sometimes and he flashes me that gummy smile. I LOVE IT! Hes cooing like crazy and really seems happy. Even Mia can get him to coo at her and smile, I love watching the two interact. Mia loves her little brother and already is his little protector. Whenever hes crying she makes sure I know about it and reminds me to give him the binky. She refuses to let me let him cry himself to sleep and make me "hold baby" and when she runs by him she always has to peek on him and make sure hes covered in his blanket. What a darling big sister she is.

Well with it being cold, I can tell his little body has been fighting off a cold for awhile now. Mia was sick with a cold most of last week and so was Adrian. I had touches of it and so did Alex. Whenever it gets to cold in his area he starts getting really congested, sneezes and coughs alot. I tried sucking out his nose with the nose thing but nothing comes out. The congestion is deep in his sinuses and throat. Poor little guy often times wakes up coughing or choking. So we have been keeping him extra bundled and have fires going on almost 24/7.

He had another first this week, and it has happened more than once. He no longer cries during his baths!!! YAY! This makes the whole experience much better for the both of us. I also let him soak longer since he now seems to enjoy the warm water. I can even wash his hair! (well what hair he has). The only time he cries is when I have him back in the room and am dressing him. Thats when he gets cold and cries, but he doesn't even cry when I pull him out of the tub and put the towel around him. What a big boy he is!

I can tell he is really becoming attached to me (what do I mean by "becoming" he has been that way since the hospital!) but what I mean is more so than before. He follows me everywhere with his eyes and if I am gone to long he will cry out to me. Not a normal cry but like a semi whine cry trying to get my attention. When I come back he will give me the biggest smile and charm me into staying with him. So needless to say he has me wrapped around his tiny finger already. This isn't easy since Mia has me wrapped around her finger too. But so far I have been able to balance the two.... barely!!!

He is getting much bigger now and is finally grown out of his newborn clothes and most of his 0-3 months. He is up to 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers!! We might even bump him up to 3 soon since he had a blow out the other day and almost another a few hours later. But with him growing also has come with new issues. He no longer goes long periods of times between feedings, even at night. He used to be 3-4 hours in the day and 4-5 hours at night, but now hes regressed to 1.5-2 during the day and 3 at night. Thats not a good thing for Mama. My sleep has drastically been effected by this but I am trying to get through it. Its the life of a breastfeeding Mama I guess. Another huge issue that has come up is the fact hes eating more and I find myself running out of milk before hes done. This doesn't make him to happy and makes me feed more frequently. I've tried everything to up my supply but its still not enough. I am afraid hes headed towards formula supplementation soon. I really don't want to see that happen and am trying everything to keep my milk up. Hopefully I will find a resolution soon.

The "green poop" issue has finally gotten better. Infact its been a few days since he had green poop. I am not really sure what caused his green poop nor what stopped it. All I know is that its gone and I am HAPPY! that stuff stunk ... BAD!

With each passing week he has become more and more aware of his surroundings. He hates being alone and sleeps better when he is out in the livingroom with us. Even if that means sleeping through Mia's screaming and playing. If we leave him in the room by himself he will wake up ALL the time.. MAD! On the flip side of his awareness is that he is noticing toys now. When I place him on the baby play mat he will look all around and become interested in the toys dangling in front of him. He will even bat at them, but I think thats by accident. But he likes to see them move around.

Well thats about all for now. Its about that time where Mia wakes up and I need to prep her breakfast and grab something to eat while Alex is napping. So I am off to start my COLD COLD Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment