Friday, November 12, 2010

Grandpa gets to feed him

Tonight was a special night for Grandpa Pizano and his little Grandson. He got to feed him a bottle! What is so special about this you ask? LOTS of things. Alex is a fully breastfed baby, so that means he rarely EVER sees a bottle. Infact last night was only bottle #4 since he has been born! Adrian has been the only other person to bottle feed Alex. So tonight was the first time someone besides Adrian fed him and that lucky person was Grandpa! YAY!

I have been so overly exhausted. Though we have been getting onto a pretty good night routine between the three of us (Alex, Adrian and myself) I am still lacking rest. So when it came time for Adrian to take this test he needs to take for his work at 8am I knew I would need help since I would have to solo Alex for a full night! (Something I have yet to do alone!) So I called for some help and of course the first on my list of rescuers was MY Daddy!

So Grandpa drove in mid afternoon. Mia got some good play time in with him and Alex was being a teeny bit fussy. So no rest for Mama (what else is new! haha) By the early evening I was dragging... BAD! My head was dizzy, my eyes burn and I was a mess. So when I asked my Dad if he would mind feeding Alex at night he jumped at the chance to not only help me out but to bond with his little guy too! I had some stored milk in the fridge so I gave him a run down on what to do and expect. Adrian offered up his advice too since he knows how Alex is on that shift. So once I fed him one last time I ran off to bed.

Ahhh........ sleeeeep! So nice. Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep in as long as I wanted too since I got engorged and was in pain.. Sigh... So I got up so I could at least pump and feel better. When I went downstairs (about 5am) I found my Dad asleep on the couch and Alex asleep in his boppie on the other couch! So cute! I grabbed my pumping supplies and went upstairs and started to pump.

Then I heard Alex crying! OH NO!!! I went downstairs to help and found my Dad standing in the livingroom. By the time I got there Alex was already back asleep! I asked my Dad how last night went and he said really well. No complaints. He said Alex woke up right on time, he fixed the bottle, he ate, burped, they hung out for about 45 mins then he went back to sleep! YAY! The one thing that cracked me up though is when my Dad said he changed his diaper it was a "pumpkin mess!" HAHAHA classic! That is true, his poopies can look like watery pumpkin mess! Well since Alex went back to sleep my Dad shooed me back to bed, or at least back to pumping. He went to bed himself as well and here I am.

I am so glad last night went well, I really needed the extra rest and I am happy Alex treated his Grandpa good too! I wonder what today will hold for us!?

No comments:

Post a Comment