Thursday, November 25, 2010

Alex interacts with toys















Happy Thanksgiving! Although we celebrated our own little Turkey Day yesterday, today was the official holiday. Since Alex is still to young to travel, we decided that I would stay home with him while Adrian and Mia went to the Cardoso Family Thanksgiving in San Diego. I was slightly bummed that we would be separated on the holiday but we had our little day yesterday so that made things easier, besides Mia was in one of her famous "defiant" moods that it was almost nice to have her get out for awhile.

So Alex and I stayed home together. He has been pretty good for the most part, but he did have a diaper blow out earlier that didn't make him to happy. He is all settled down now and sleeping. With all that aside, a BIG thing happened today! He interacted (well sort of) with his first toys!!!

I had him laying down in the baby floor mat/toy thing that my Brother and Sis-in-law gave us. I had some of Mia's old baby toys dangling from the top just below his chest. Some rattled and made noise so I was playing with him. He was all intrigued by the toys and the mat and kept looking all around, however, what really shocked me was he started to hit the little dangling rattle sun! (One of Mia's all time favorite toys at his age) He did it over and over and when it rattled he looked all shocked. I know he was just flaying his arms but still he was able to hit it! Thats when I noticed how much he is into using his hands alot. Mia was a total foot baby, she loved to kick kick kick like crazy but Alex's isn't like that. He only kicks when he is about to cry or is mad! However, I do see him using his hands and arms alot. Maybe hes a hand baby!

Anyways, I had fun hanging out with him. Now its time for me to take nap while I still can and hes still asleep. I just had to write a quick blog about his special day and post some pics!



No comments:

Post a Comment