Friday, November 5, 2010

Ok the Sink was a BAD idea


Leave it to me, an experimenting Mama. Always trying to find easier, more effective ways in doing things. When am I going to learn that what happens in my head doesn't always go as smoothly in real life.

Alex has been needing a bath.. BAD! He was one stinky baby, but who can blame him... with the amount that he poops no wonder he doesn't smell like fresh roses. Anyway, since his belly button has healed I have been giving him baths in Mia's old baby bathtub inside the big bathtub. That is all fine and dandy but the problem I had with Mia is happening with Alex. The baby newborn netting hammock that is specially made so the baby sits in it always makes them slide down and into the water. I literally have to prop them up by the butt with one hand and wash them with the other. Not an easy feat to do, even with a tiny newborn. I forgot all about this until I started to give Alex baths. So I decided, hey hes small enough why not try the bathroom sink!

I have NEVER given Mia a bath in the sink before but I figured since Alex is so tiny it might not be so bad and might actually work. WRONG!!!

I washed out the sink and placed his foamy bath mat inside (it was what I used when I used to give him sponge baths on the table). It fit nice and allowed him to sit at an incline. Alex was already upset prior to his bath so he was already fussy. I should have know this was a recipe for disaster! I thought for sure once his little body touched the warm water he would quiet down, just like he does in Mia's bath. WRONG AGAIN!

Once I placed him in the sink the water barely covered a part of him so you know what that means. I had one COLD baby on my hands, and if you know Alex you know how much he HATES being cold! I have never seen a baby scream so hard and so loud just because hes cold. Well so as you can imagine the bath didn't go to well. He was freezing and I was working as fast as I could trying to hurry up and get him out of there. He was screaming the whole time and even peed!!! Luckily I saw it coming and was able to block the stream before it hit the rest of the bathroom (yes my boy is a long distance shooter haha). After he peed I just pulled him out and dried him off as fast as I could.

I ran him to the room and lotioned him up and clothed him. He was still pretty upset, so I rocked him to sleep in the chair near the computer. Now hes knocked out but he has a really MEAN looking face! I think hes still pretty ticked about the whole thing.

What a mess. Looks like I am never doing that again... its back to the blue bathtub for my little T-Rex.

No comments:

Post a Comment