Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hes supposed to be going the OTHER way


Good Morning! Man what another tiring day and its only 9am!!! Well ever since Alex was born I have been looking forward to him getting bigger so his feedings will be more spread apart which means more time to recover between feedings and hopefully getting a little extra rest. After the second week things looked hopeful, he started to average 4 hours between feedings (mostly at night) and sometimes reach 5! I was so happy, as you can imagine. Well now hes going the other way and I don't know why.

For the past few days now hes been needing to eat sooner and sooner. Now he averages 2 hours during the day, 3 at night and sometimes 4 if I am lucky. I don't know what caused the change other than maybe a growth spurt? I am starting to doubt that alittle because growth spurts are only supposed to last a couple of days, this has been going on longer than that. Also, Adrian has noticed (when he feeds him 1-2 times a week) that at night he can down a 4 oz bottle like nothing and looks like he can eat some more!! Uh-Oh! Also, when I reviewed Mia's blogs when she was his age she was already up to 6 oz! (granted she was formula + breastfed) Scary!!! And when I pump I am lucky if I get 4oz but thats only if its the first thing in the morning, forget about getting that much at all the rest of the day. So with that, I am thinking maybe he just needs to eat more, however, I am not able to provide for him.

This scares me because that is the whole reason for my downfall in breastfeeding Mia. Not producing enough milk, and as time went on I just couldn't keep up anymore and had to quit before I was ready to. I am praying this is not the case with Alex. My goal is to breastfeed until he is at least on solids (6 months) but I don't know anymore. I am losing more and more sleep AGAIN, and I am constantly feeding him which ties me up (literally) and I can't tend to Mia.

I am not sure what to do. I don't want to resort to formula just yet because of all the bad experiences we had with formula and Mia, but I also don't want to starve my little guy either.

I need a break... BAD!

Sigh... so I don't know. Hopefully my body will step it up a bit if it is indeed a lack of milk abundance ... OR his growth spurt will end soon! I am so drained!

No comments:

Post a Comment