Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bye Bye Scale....

After a talk with Adrian I have decided to ban the scale from the house until after the pregnancy. Adrian made me realize I was becoming to obsessed with my weight that if it got worse I could end up harming the baby down the road.

What he said made sense. I was becoming to obsessive with the scale. I was getting upset if I gained an ounce and felt unbelievably guilty if I ate something bad that made me gain that ounce. Though I never starved myself, I was getting a bit carried away with portion control... so much that I was always feeling hungry all the time. Once I stopped being so harsh with my portions and ate until I was completely satisfied I was no longer always hungry all the time.

So I decided to take the batteries out of our scale in the bathroom so that I don't get tempted to weigh myself. I will just go by what the doctor's office say during my check ups. That is what I did with Mia's pregnancy.

I want to make sure to give this little baby the best start possible, the same start I gave Mia and knowing my obsessive nature I cannot do that if I am overly focused on my weight. Granted I am not as low as I wanted to be starting this pregnancy but that is my fault. I didn't work hard enough and NOW is NOT the time to start over doing it to make up for it. I will let this pregnancy go as it needs too and I will just work extra hard when its over.

So the scale is gone but that doesn't mean I am going to stop being healthy. I am still going to watch what I eat, make sure my portions are decent and not too much, and keep up with my walking. If I end up ballooning up this pregnancy it will NOT be from over eating, and not being active, it will only be because I am growing a big healthy baby inside me!!

Sigh... so wish me luck... I am a bit nervous.. but I am giving my body to my baby, they are #1 and I have to do what is best for them, even if it means me hitting 200+ lbs.

I do this for you little Pumpkin... Mama loves you....

No comments:

Post a Comment