Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Patch 2010














































































Current mood: accomplished

It's that time of year again! PUMPKIN season!!! WHOOHOO!! We have been trying to make it to the pumpkin patch before Alex was born (I knew I wouldn't feel comfortable taking him out as a newborn) but it never worked out. Then Alex came early and it was too late. So now that Halloween is this weekend, time is running out to hit the pumpkin patch! Its one of the family traditions of ours to go and I hated the thought of not going. Especially since I couldn't decorate the house like I normally do this year. So when a warm day happened I made it a point to try to make it out to the pumpkin patch regardless!

My Dad is down for a visit so he got to join us! It was a huge treat for all of us, and though I was a bit nervous about taking Alex outside, I knew he would be ok as long as we kept him bundled, with his hat and mittens and it was still really warm outside.

We went to the pumpkin patch Adrian and I have been going to since we moved here back in 2005. It isn't the most fancy patches in town, infact its pretty small but its our own little special place and since this is the final year we are here in Riverside, Alex's first trip to a pumpkin patch and Mia's 3rd time going... we had to go to the same ol' patch.

We got there a little later than expected but it was still ok. I had Alex in his Orange Giants shirt and pumpkin hat with matching mittens I made him. Mia wore the same shirt she wore last year (which was to big on her then and to small on her now) but it had a pumpkin on it and the only Halloween type shirt I had.

We got the kids out of the car and off we went. Mia was scared at first, no sure why, and since she needed a nap BAD her mood wasn't the greatest. She wasn't listening, a bit whiny and refused to pose for any pictures. However, Grandpa did work his magic on her a bit and soon she was running around, throwing hay in her hair and tossing pumpkins everywhere! haha She was having lots of fun. Alex slept the whole time and only woke up a couple of times to cry but then knocked out again.

We went all over that patch looking for the best pumpkins, however, since its so late in the season there were no big/medium pumpkins left so we ended up coming home with two little pumpkins, one for Mia and one for Alex. We posed for some pictures here and there and when it got dark and cold we loaded up the kids in the car and went home. Unfortunately, Alex woke up MAD and screamed and cried the whole way home. Once we got home I ran him in the house to check his diaper and sure enough he had another poopie blow out!! OH NO!!! So off went his clothes, and into the tub he went for another bath, oh well haha

I am glad we managed to make it out to the pumpkin patch this year. It really did mean alot to me. Although, it was kind of a bittersweet goodbye to the patch we always went to, I was happy that I was able to take Mia AND Alex there at least once. Plus having my Dad there to experience one of our little family traditions was an extra treat. We will see what patch we go to next year when we are in Sunny San Diego!

No comments:

Post a Comment