Sunday, October 3, 2010

38 Weeks!

38 weeks pregnant

Wowie... Wow... WOW!!!! So close now!!!! Exactly one week from today Baby Alex will be in my arms!!! Can you believe it?!!? I can't! I wonder if this will be my final weekly update since I know the morning of next Sunday is going to be... CRAZY! with getting ready to go to the hospital. We finally have a c-section time, though I was hoping for 10am we got 11am, but I am not complaining at least we got our 10-10-10 date and thats all that matters for me.

All the concerns, hesitations, and cold feet I have been experiencing lately have slowly gone away and have been replaced with EXCITEMENT! I am so happy to feel that, I haven't felt this excited since the day we found out he was on his way. I have been pretty nervous thoughout this pregnancy from the beginning. From worrying about another miscarriage, to the diabetes and large baby fact, to Mia's adjustment to juggling two kids. All that has gone to the waist side now and all I am focusing is a happy, healthy, baby and smooth birth!

I think what has really helped is the fact I am finally getting all his little things ready. All this clothes are washed and put away, my hospital bag packed, all the bottles and feeding supplies are sanitized and plans are made. I am excited! I also think what helps is the fact that this pregnancy is finally almost over!!! WHOOHOO! Don't get me wrong, I loved having little Alex with me all day all the time, but I have to admit, this pregnancy has KICKED MY BUTT! BIG TIME! There really wasn't a period of time where I could go "ahhh....." and really enjoy it like I did with Mia. Something was always happening, some pain was always there, or there was a scare. UGH! I am alittle saddened by that fact that all the misfortunes I experienced throughout this pregnancy really put a damper on the enjoyment factor but hey I am getting a healthy baby boy out of all of this and thats all the matters. All I know is that after this experience, I seriously doubt there will be another pregnancy for me in the future.. and for once, I am good with that! haha In other words, I am officially immune to any future "baby fever" outbreaks!! haha

CRAVINGS:
Well though baloney is still pretty high on the list, I am not "craving" it as hardcore as I used to. I guess its because I have been eating it like crazy everyday that I think I am finally getting burnt out. I still want pancakes and a milkshake but cannot eat either until I have the baby due to my diabetes. Nectarines are STILL heavenly!

TIREDNESS/SICKNESS:
I am still very tired but I can function on little sleep. I literally go to bed around 12am-1am and get up around 4am-5am and can no longer sleep. I get up, hang out on the computer for a bit and take a short cat nap around 7-8 till Mia wakes up at 9. Not sure what is up with that but its been happening ALOT lately... for the last few weeks. I guess its my body's way to preparing for those late night feedings and lack of sleep???

NEW SYMPTOMS:
Contractions and braxton hicks GALORE! Sometimes they come regular and scare me, but I know they are braxton since they don't hurt as bad as real contractions... so far. The ligament pain comes and goes but when its here its bad. It hurts to walk or even put on my pants! He is getting so big now that he constantly pushes on my cervix and BOY does that hurt!!!! He will hit it over and over and it scares me that he might push through!!! ACK! He pretty much sleeps ALL DAY! with little to no movement and only wakes up at night and stays awake! OMG hes just like his Daddy, a night owl! He has been kicking and pushing so hard that it literally wakes me up from a deep sleep!!! Infact it even happened this morning! I was sound asleep and all of a sudden I felt like that one guy in the movie "Aliens" where that alien starts pushing and eventually pops out of his stomach in that diner scene! I swear it felt just like that, I woke up startled!!! I had to put my hand on him to calm him down.. he is seriously ready to come out now! Hes even trying to bust out haha! My tummy is getting bigger and bigger by the day but my weight has stayed the same. This morning I weighed in at 183 (not bad!). Yesterday I think I got my first taste of "nesting". All of a sudden I got this HUGE burst of energy, I haven't felt that good since pre-pregnancy, so what did I do? Clean... clean... clean! I went on a cleaning frenzy and didn't stop till I literally crashed!!! I fell asleep on the couch for over an hour and still felt tired when I woke up.

Yikes hes almost here... I just pray he doesn't want to make an early appearance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment