Saturday, October 30, 2010

3 weeks old!



Happy Saturday Everyone! Alex is 3 weeks old today! He is getting closer and closer to that big 1 month! YIKES! My little baby newborn won't be a newborn much longer!

Its a cold rainy morning today and I am so tired. I did get some rest over the night shift (Adrian was taking care of Alex and would only bring in him to wake me up during feeding time which is only twice a night 3-4 hrs apart), but I am still tired. Once I took him over this morning hes been wide awake and fussy. Luckily my Dad is still here and he comforted him for a bit and he went to sleep in his little pack and play, however, he just woke up again recently and though I managed to get him to fall back asleep I don't think it will be for very long so I don't have much time.

The days get away from me so much that blogging is becoming more and more difficult. I try my best to keep it up but it just seems impossible at times. I do manage to write something but they are very short, but hey short blogs are better than none right?!

This week has been pretty decent. I have had my Dad here since Tuesday so hes helped a TON! Especially with Mia. Though he hasn't spent as much time with Alex as he would like, he does help out when he can. They even watched the World Series game together which I thought was really cute!

Alex is growing and changing so much. He is filling out more and more and starting to look like a baby rather than a newborn. His eyes are still dark blue and I am wondering if they will stay that way or if they will change like Mia's. Mia had light greenish/hazel eyes for a few months before they settled on brown... only time will tell what color Alex's will be. His cries are changing too! Though they still sound "all boy" some times when he cries alot he actually loses his voice!!! Its a weird horsey windy cry but I know hes ok, but it does sound startling. He is sleeping a bit more between feedings (mostly at night) and one day this week he made it up to 5hrs! He took his first bath in the baby bath tub this week and the first day he didn't like it but the next two times he actually did! He let me wash him up and enjoyed it, it wasn't until I pulled him out and he got cold did he start to cry. I am thinking I might pick up the bathing routine I had with Mia (bathing everytime and using the bedtime lotion) to help him sleep better and longer. This will be very helpful for when I take him over for the entire night once Adrian goes back to work officially.

He took his very first pictures at a studio this week as well, he took them with his big sister and though it was a slight disaster they didn't come out to bad. He did better than I thought he would.

We also got to go to the pumpkin patch as a family. Though I wasn't to comfortable with taking Alex out so young, it was still pretty warm and he was bundled so we went anyway. I was glad I did we all had lots of fun.

Hes also a POOPING MACHINE!!! Good grief we are having SOOO many issues with him pooping out his diaper and making a HUGE yellow mess! Literally!! At first I thought it was just because of his car seat and how he was sitting when he went but he had another blow out just being home! We NEVER had this issue with Mia so its new to us, hopefully we will find the remedy soon.

Well both the little ones are awake so I need to get going! We will see what this next week will hold for us, it will be Halloween tomorrow so I know I will have lots of stories to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment