Monday, October 25, 2010

Pampers v. Huggies



Ugh! diapers, Diapers, DIAPERS! I never thought I would have so much trouble with diapers! I am a second-time Mama... it shouldn't be this hard!!!!

Ok, so we all know how much of a challenge it is changing a boy as it is... and that isn't even the major problem! Its the darn diapers! You would think at least ONE of the two leading brands would get it right... but noooooo!

Yes, Alex is a bit on the smaller side, and I know hes not your typical chunky baby (yet) and his legs are thin but that doesn't mean that diapers should be failing or doing something weird?!! I NEVER had these problems with Mia and shes my little pampers girl! Actually she was a huggies newborn but been pampers ever since.

What am I talking about?!? Its the poor construction of these two types of diapers. They say they are for newborns (weights up to 10) but they either don't fit my newborn (who is almost 8 lbs) or they get all messed up.

PAMPERS:
This was the brand I started off with. It is the brand the hospital supplied us. My one complaint about them, though they seem to fit decently... after he wets them (mostly with pee pee) tiny little crystals explode inside and make a HUGE mess. When I go to change him I open up the diaper and he is literally covered in jelly like crystals that get into EVERY fold in his skin! It takes FOREVER to get them all off, and he is upset because hes cold and usually he ends up peeing all over the place too!! UGH its annoying but not as annoying as Huggies...

HUGGIES:
I liked their newborn version of their diaper for Mia because of the belly button cut out (the pampers have one too but its too high and even with Mia I had to literally fold the diaper down to expose the belly button so it could heal) and we didn't seem to have problems with Mia (though she was bigger than Alex at birth). However, even though they are newborn size they DON"T fit Alex. He is always leaking out of them, peeing all over himself and soaking his clothes. It doesn't matter how tight we put the diaper on, he still wets himself. Luckily it contains poopies pretty well but not pee pees. The sad thing is we have like 4-5 packs of them we got from the baby shower that are just collecting dust because we can't use them!!! We are always going back to the store to buy another pack of pampers (and battling with those darn crystals) and hoping he will fit into the Huggies soon so we can use them.

UGH!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment