Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My FINAL Baby Check-Up


Current mood: amused

Today marked a very special day.... today was my very LAST baby doctor check up!!! YAY!!! You know what that means... Baby Alex's big day is just around the corner! (4 days to be exact!) So exciting!

So since it was a very special day, we made an extra effort to make sure ALL of us could attend the appointment together. So yes Mia missed her nap (Uh-Oh!)

We made it to the appointment about 15 mins early. Mia was a bit figity in the waiting room but was pretty good for the most part. Eventually they took us back and took my vitals. To my surprise I lost even more weight!!! I finally tapered off the past month but now I am going lower again and I am officially 2lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight... WOW! Anyways, after my vitals were taken, they brought me back to the examination room where Adrian and Mia were waiting in.

So we waited..... and waited......... and waited! Then waited some more. Sheesh! I know my doctor is notorious for taking FOREVER to get to her patients but it was getting out of hand after 40 mins past! Luckily Mia was really into the toy they had in the room and was busy singing songs she was making up on top of her head regarding a car and "choo-choo" (the toy had cars and trains on it). Eventually she even started to get annoyed. So Adrian went out and checked with the nurses to see what the delay was... turns out the doctor was with another patient that was taking longer than expected... UGH! One of the reasons I am still with my OB, though she makes you wait, is that she does take that extra bit of time to spend with you if you need it. I have had times where I needed it and shes not like other doctors who shoo you away as soon as your 15mins are up... however, it stinks when other people do it while YOU are waiting! haha

So we waited some more and eventually Rita came in. She apologized up and down for the delay and Mia gave her a mean look. The look was so mean that Rita actually left the room and came back with a princess sticker for her! haha That cheered Mia right up, she LOVES princesses. So Mia put the sticker on her hand and kept saying "Princess! Princess!" We all got a laugh out of it.

Then Rita asked me about how things were going. I told her about Alex being so inactive all day but how he really gets going at night. However, last night we had a scare since he stopped moving and it took ALOT for me to finally get him awake and going. She reminded me that I should do my kick counts and if it takes longer than an hour to get 10 then I need to go to the ER ASAP!

I told her about the cervical pain and she just said its due to him being head down and ready to go!!! YIKES! She asked a few more questions about post-partum planning and such then measured my tummy. She said hes measuring very good and estimates him being at least 8 lbs. I was relieved and asked her if there were any way he was 10? She felt again and said she seriously doubted it, he didn't feel like a 10lb baby. YAY!!!!!! Then she took out the little machine to listen to the heart and thats when the cutest thing happened!!...

She put it on my belly and though it took awhile to locate the heart beat a first, she finally did. Mia (who was distracted by her new sticker the whole time), stopped what she was doing and looked at me when she started to hear Alex's heartbeat and said "Whats that?!" Adrian answered her "Thats the baby's heart beat" Then she started to listen.. then started to dance!!!! Yes dance!!! She lifted her arm and was moving it around to the beat of Alex's heart!!! I swear it was the cutest thing I have ever seen in my LIFE!!! She danced and danced until Rita was done checking (he was at 147 bmp).

After a few more questions we were on our way! Rita wished us luck and we left to the car. We later went out to eat to celebrate the big day.

Wow!! This is it! The big day is getting closer and closer! No more check-ups, no more anything! All I need to do now is rest and make sure I can reach my 10-10-10 date! I hope I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment