Monday, October 25, 2010

Broken sleep is finally getting to me

I have done alot of difficult things in my life that has zapped tons of sleep. Studying for finals during college, fast paced weekends with family, traveling, working, raising Mia... however, my recent stint of "broken sleep" is proving to be wearing on me more than usual. Not sure if its because I am getting older, or that the stint is lasting a LONG time but I am so drained.

Alex is still on a 3-4 hour feeding cycle which isn't too bad considering hes still so small, however, because I am breastfeeding only, I never get more sleep than that. Granted I did get a 4.5 hr break the other day that wasn't nearly enough for all that I have missed. I am not even talking about what I missed since he was born but even before that. I had a good 2-3 months of broken sleep because I needed to go to the bathroom alot or I just woke up hungry and couldn't go back to sleep. I haven't slept more than 5 hours in MONTHS! and now its worse! Every spare time I get (which is very rare) I try to catch a quick cat nap but by the time I finally dooze off I am woken up again by the little eating machine! haha Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining and I can easily change things by just switching him to a bottle... I just feel like whining.

I miss my sleep! The lack of it makes me moodier and a walking zombie! I know its short lived, but going through it is horrible! I can't wait until I can rest just a bit more so my head doesn't hurt, I don't get all moody, and my eyes don't burn. Ahh... that would be paradise! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment