Tuesday, October 12, 2010

First Bath































It was that time... little Alex needed a bath!! He was started to get a bit flaky, which is really common for newborns. I was really surprised how eager I was to give him his first sponge bath at home (a complete difference from Mia) I wasn't scared at all and couldn't wait to wash my little man up.

Since his belly button hasn't fallen off yet, I can only give him a sponge bath. So I set up the kitchen table with all the things I needed. A towel, a baby towel his jammies, soap, cloth, a bowl of warm water, and his bath sponge that he could lay in.

Once everything was laid out, and Grandpa and Daddy were armed with their cameras, it was time. I woke him up from his nap, got hims undressed and ready. During this entire time he was just hanging out and happy. I slowly started to wash him, starting with his tiny head and he really seemed to enjoy it. It wasn't until I was done washing his hair and put a towel on his head did he start to cry. He then got cold and cried through most of the bath. He didn't stop until I was done and giving him his baby massage haha (Babies love massages).

Once he was all sparkling clean and smelled really good I put on his jammies. Then I held him up for Grandpa and Daddy to take pictures of the clean baby, but then it happened. He started to poop!! OH NO!!!! So off came his clothes again and he wasn't too happy about that.

Once he was all cleaned up it was take two with the pictures! haha and off to bed he went.


No comments:

Post a Comment