Sunday, August 1, 2010

29 weeks


Happy Sunday!!! I am 29 weeks today and man this has definately been one of the toughest weeks so far (not counting the numerous weeks of sickness in the beginning). I got my meal plan and nutrition guide, and blood monitor this week. I have learned how to pretty much manage my blood sugar now, but it wasn't without its trials and errors. I was so frustrated most of the week because I couldn't seem to get my blood sugar under control no matter what I did and no matter how close I thought I followed the meal plan. It wasn't until Adrian sat down with me and gave me some words of wisdom and some diet tweeks did I finally, FINALLY get things under control. This is my second full day of having normal blood sugar ALL day and we went to a birthday party yesterday and went out to eat at Pat and Oscar today so thats saying a TON! Ya, the diet royally sucks but at least I am finally getting the hang of it. I don't feel so bad, and the only time I get alittle bit frustrated is when I crave or see people eating the foods I can't have. I can't even have a crumb of them because my blood sugar is so darn sensitive. Ah well at least I am getting healthier and I know my baby boy is benefiting from all of this as well.

CRAVINGS:
This section is no longer fun for me. I can't give in to any cravings and thinking of any ones that I do have, I can't have. UGH! So I take it one day at a time and try not to focus on food as much as I can. There hasn't been anything on my meal plan that has me running back for more.

SICKNESS/TIREDNESS:
I have brought this section back. The pregnancy sickness is practically non-existent, though I still get queasy from bad smells in the morning. Especially Mia's poopie diapers. I still wake up a tad bit queasy but I think its more because I am more hungry than I normally am due to the diet and my eating regimen. Tiredness is still there but has gotten a WHOLE lot better since I changed my eating habits. I really think my blood sugar is the cause of many of the fatigue symptoms I have been feeling lately .... I never thought it was that!

NEW SYMPTOMS:
Well feeling better now that I have my blood sugar under control has help SO MUCH! My energy levels no longer crash for no reason, my heart rate has been getting better, same with the arrythmias (though I still have both.. but its mostly due to the pregnancy) My swelling has been SO MUCH better, so over all I have been feeling a bit better. I still get winded but nothing like I used to.

The little guy, however, has becoming SO ACTIVE! OMG! He is making up for lost time or something. When he gets going he really gets going and it takes such a long time for him to calm down and go back to sleep! I would have to say hes right up there with Mia's pregnancy and even then may even surpass her! He doesn't do a whole lot of jabs or kicking but more stretching and pushing. One night he was going so hard at it I had Adrian put his hand on my belly and he was even shocked on how hard this guy pushes against my tummy walls. My stomach will literally have a tiny buldge coming out when he pushes against it. That night he was hitting the bed so much that it woke Adrian up, when he put his hand on my belly he got pushed alot too!! haha Yep, I think I have a strong boy on my hands!

I am also coming to terms with the name Alex more and more. I even sign birthday cards for Alex as Alex. I have also been telling people that name as well. I really think we are going to go with Victor Alejandro Cardoso or Alejandro Victor Cardoso... either way Baby Alex is still my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment