Monday, August 16, 2010

Worst Cramp EVER!

As I mentioned in my previous blog, I have been experiencing alot of really bad cramps on the side of my stomach that go straight to my lower back. This usually occurs in the morning and can last anywhere from 15mins to 2-3 hours! They get so bad that I have to sit down or lay down since walking and standing make the pain 1000000x worse!

Well today I got the KING of all cramps that scared me really bad. It totally blind sided me and came out of no where. Adrian, Mia and I were running some errunds around town. The last place we had to go was to the grocery store down the street from our house. It was been an extremely HOT day today and when my car reached 104 I decided that I would go inside the store and wait for Adrian and Mia to join me. (It takes some time to get her out of her car seat and get her set up). So I got off the car and walked into the store and grabbed a basket. The walk really wasn't that far and I wasn't walking fast either.

I waited for Adrian and Mia to catch up and eventually they did. We put Mia in the cart and started down the isles. I didn't even make it half way down the very first isle before I started to feel a slight pain/cramp on my right side of my stomach. Uh-Oh! I thought to myself. I thought if I kept walking and ignore it might just go away... WRONG!!!! By the time we hit the end of the isle I was in TONS of pain! I told Adrian and told him I might not make it. I tried leaning on the cart and pushing it and that didn't work the pain grew worse and worse. I made it down one last isle before I ended up stopping in my tracks, hunched over and in PAIN! From a scale of 1-10 (10 being the WORST pain EVER .. it was an 8!) I told Adrian I couldn't go any further and told him I was going to sit down on the benches in front of the store in hopes it will alieve my pain. He agreed and I walked away.

I barely made it to the bench... the pain was unbareable. I started to get scared, what if this triggers labor!!! It was that bad. I sat there in pain for another 10-15mins and soon Adrian was in line to buy our food. My pain never got better and I knew I needed to get into the car or we would be stuck at the store! So I slowly walked to the cart and asked for the car keys. Each step made my pain grow even worse. My heart started to race, I felt dizzy and sick to my stomach since the pain was so bad. I barely made it back to the car and sat in it and waited for Adrian and Mia. They soon showed up and we drove home.

The pain never got any better and infact even got worse on the short ride home in the car. I slowly got off the car, barely able to breathe and staggered into our guestroom and I laid down on my left side. The pain just pieced my body, my back was hurting so bad and so was my stomach. I laid still and hoped it would get better.

About 30 mins later it FINALLY started to get better. Especially when Alex shifted. I slowly sat up, put on my maternity belt and slowly walked to the restroom to use it. After the restroom I walked to the livingroom where Adrian and Mia were and again the pain started to creep back and fast!!

I quickly sat on the couch with Mia and that helped a bit. Another 15 mins past and it finally started to get better. I grew hungry and knew I had to eat so when I felt good enough I got up and made myself alittle dinner. The pain was still there but very mild and soon was almost gone. I am not sure what happened.

I am still a bit sore and still feel the reminse of the pain but NOTHING like it was. I gave the green light to Adrian to go to work. I think I will be ok. The good thing is, its showing signs of getting better, I am not contracting, and not bleeding.

Ugh! These cramps!!! I don't know whats up with them. I never experienced this with Mia! Good thing I have a doc appt later this week maybe they will have some insight. Till then I am hoping I will be fine the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment