Friday, July 30, 2010

UGH!!!! What is wrong with me?!

Sigh.... its more "vent" time....

Well the night ended "ok" my blood sugar was under control and I was following my diet to a "T". I even put all my food options on a HUGE poster board in the kitchen so picking out foods would be easier. After working on the baby's blanket for awhile (I am half way done YAY!) I went to bed in a pretty good mood.

Well all that was about to change as soon as I woke up. As I woke up this morning I felt "ok". I was a bit uneasy but nothing to bad. The energy level seemed moderate. Mia was the reason I woke up, she was chatting in her room so I got up to get the day started. Since she tends to take a LONG time getting up and going in the morning I decided to make myself a quick breakfast so I wouldn't delay my meals to much. So I took my blood sugar (which I always have to when I wake up) and to my shock it was 84! No that is not high, but my average has been 75! I was pretty bummed about it but I went on my morning. I made myself two toasts and 1 egg and scarfed them down fast so I could get Mia out of her room before she started crying or making a fuss. I thought maybe I had eaten to fast because I started to get a horrible stomach ache! It was in the pit of my stomach and hurt pretty bad. I ignored it and started out day.

I fed Mia some breakfast and right around that time, about 20-30mins after eating my own breakfast I felt the all too familiar feelings. I started to get winded, low energy, high pulse rate, and wooziness. I couldn't understand why! I attributed those similar feelings yesterday to what I ate and since I avoided it today I thought I would be ok. I soooo wasn't. It began to get worse and at my 1hr mark it was time to test my blood sugar again. It was high... 146 (they don't want me any higher than 130) I was devastated. I ate exactly what they told me to and still it read high and now I was feeling really bad. Also a new symptom popped up. My stomach ache turned into a full on pain! My whole stomach hurt and what hurt most was the area around my C-Section scar! I tried to take it slow the rest of of the morning but of course Mia wouldn't allow that.

Then the light headedness got worse and worse and I soon felt faint. I got scared I wasn't sure what was going on. I checked my pulse rate with Adrian's blood pressure machine and it was high and fluctuating rapidly. The other thing that caught my eye was my blood pressure was VERY low. I tend to have low blood pressure while pregnant but this was really low. Out of three back to back readings the lowest was 102/65 (normal blood pressure reads at 120/80) Thats when I got really concerned and decided to finally wake up Adrian so he could take care of Mia and I could lay down. I wasn't "tired" but I didn't want to be doing anything else but laying down. He jumped right in on helping out and I laid in our bed for the next hour.

I did manage to take a small nap before I was awaken by Mia refusing to go down for a nap. I was also hungry and 30 mins past the time I was supposed to eat lunch. So I got up and made myself a small lunch according to my meal plan. My stomach still hurt and ached but my wooziness was gone. After I ate I began to feel better, I wasn't so tired, the wooziness was gone but my heart rate was still elevated and my stomach hurt REALLY bad! Now it started to concern me, so I busted out my maternity belt and that seemed to help, however, the pain around my C-Section scar continued.

Well about an hour after lunch I checked my blood sugar and it was 104 Extremely good. I feel alright, the only thing bothering me is the pain in my stomach. Adrian took Mia out for the day to shop so I am going to try to relax a bit, take a hot shower and see if that helps. I know the baby been more active today than in a LONG time and at one point kicked my cervix so hard I jumped in pain!

Well this little guy is definitely keeping me on my toes. I am not sure whats wrong with me or why I feel so awful. I thought for sure the blood sugar was the culprit but its not looking like its that so much... and if it is, its not the only thing wrong. I contacted my mid-wife/OB a few days back with my concerns with these feelings and she right away got concerned. She referred me to my "baby doc" and his office called me up and scheduled me an appt in a couple of weeks ( I wasn't supposed to see him again till Sept). Both offices are pretty concerned about my symptoms and my OB put in a request to get more blood work done to check for anemia as well as my thyroid. I was going to get that blood draw today but with my stomach I can barely walk, so looks like I will be getting it done this Monday after Mia's 2year old appointment check up.

Hopefully we will find out what is going on with me. I meet with my diabetes consultant AND dietitian this coming Thurs. to see if I need to make tweeks to my meal plan. UGH! This is so not fun... but I just have to do what I always do... take one day at a time....

No comments:

Post a Comment