Thursday, August 19, 2010

Doctor Check Up

Well today was a big day for us, we had another baby doctor check up, only this was no ordinary one. Ever since I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes my risk factor went up. Therefore, I have more appointments with different doctors. I was not scheduled to see my "Baby Doc" (Not my OB, but the doc who is to deliver my baby) till mid Sept., however, due to some recent concerns regarding my heart, diabetes, weight loss, and other things they decided to move the appointment to now.

Unfortunately, the appointment could only be schedule at 9:40am which means Adrian and Mia could not go with me... again. I was a bit sad but what can you do. So I got up bright and early and headed out the door to my appointment.

To my surprise the whole place was PACKED with people but they took me back instantly which was a nice change. They took my weight (I am still losing), blood pressure (still low 102/67) and heart rate (still high 105 resting). They had me do the routine urine check then set me up in a room.

It wasn't long before Dr. Dresbach came in to see. I really like this doctor, this was the third time meeting with him and I have always liked him. He really seems to listen to you and provides alot of comfort. He asked me how my blood sugar has been going and I told him I have it under control. He liked the sounds of my readings and he says to keep up the good work. We then discussed my horrible stomach cramps, and he told me it sounds like it might be nerve related and the baby might be aggravating it. Nothing to really be too concerned about. I told him about my racing heart rate and arrythmias (which have been getting much better) he then referred me to my PCP to do a 24hr cardio check on it. He seemed a little bit concerned about it but rather have me get the test done by my PCP since they have more expertise in that area. Then we talked about my weight loss. He was not to happy about that and seemed pretty concerned about it. He ordered another Ultra-Sound to be done to check the size of the baby. He said that I would have had one done towards the end anyways due to the diabetes but because of my lack of weight gain and weight loss he has ordered it earlier to make sure the baby is growing. He then checked the size of my stomach and said it looks like I am a week behind, which also concerned him. He later checked the heart beat and its strong as ever 140!

After chatting a bit our visit was over. He again said that he will be ordering that Ultra-Sound for me and that I should follow up with my PCP about the heart thing. As we were walking out I remembered I wanted to know if I have my c-section scheduled yet. So he took me back to his office and sure enough it was!!!

I was crossing my fingers and hoping with every ounce of fiber in my body that it would land on 10-10-10 however, to my disappointment it was scheduled for 10-11-10! OH NO!!! I was saddened, I had told him how much I want'ed 10-10-10 and why. He felt sorry for me and said if I rather change doctor's I might be able to get 10-10-10. I thought about it a bit then decided against it since I really do like him and would like him to deliver my baby.

After I left his office the nurses schedule me for my final few appointments then sent me on my way. All I could think about was the date... UGH! so close! Once I got home I was greeted by an excited Mia "Mama! Mama! Mama!!!" and tired husband. I sat down and told Adrian all about the appointment then about the c-section date. He was bummed too and after talking with him a bit he convinced me to check to see if I can switch docs just so I can keep the date. I quickly ran to the computer and emailed my doc and explained I really wanted the 10-10-10 date and am willing to make the switch. I still haven't heard from him and I am not even sure if it is possible. It would be really REALLY REEEEEALY cool if they can make the change but I am not holding my breath. Besides, having two kids with the 11th as their birthdays isn't so bad.

Well the visit went really well, considering. I just hope the baby is ok and is growing fine. I know I have been so worried about having an oversized baby its weird to actually be scared for an under sized one now!!! UGH! pregnancy is so stress inducing! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment