Sunday, July 25, 2010

THIRD TRIMESTER!!! 28 Weeks

28 weeks pregnant

Wow, it is official, I am in my 3rd Trimester now! WOW! Getting so close to the end now I can feel it. You would think I would be in a better mood than I am but I am seriously bummed. Not about the milestone, just by the fact I was diagnosed this week with Gestational Diabetes. That totally threw me for a loop. I totally didn't see that coming, but ah well. So my mood has been heavily effected by this. Especially today, when I keep wanting to eat something but then realize I can't have it. This is worse than dieting because at least when you diet you can cheat. I cannot cheat on this diet because if and when I do I harm the baby and myself. The risk is just to high. So its a bit hard on that part. Everyone has been really supportive of me, but its me that takes the brunt of it. No one really knows what I am feeling and cannot relate. All I pray is that my baby boy will be born happy healthy and strong just like his sister was.

CRAVINGS:
Pineapple is out the door. I still love my nectarines but they are high in sugar so I have to back off on them. Not to mention I am restricted to ZERO fruit in the morning which majorly stinks! Zuchinni still rocks, I just hope I don't get burned out on it. I have been craving a nice cold ice drink, smoothie or milkshake all day and I can't have one at all. So much for spoiling myself and indulding in my pregnancy cravings.... bummer

NEW SYMPTOMS:
Well I was diagnosed with GD as I mentioned before. I also am more light headed and woozy and way more sensitive to the heat and stuffiness now. I am swelling alot more in my feet and my tummy is getting bigger and bigger. He is very active now but its more of a pushing rolling type thing. He rarely kicks like Mia but he is awake alot more and for longer periods of time. My Dad came down for the week to help out a bit and he got to feel him move for the first time. He was so excited about it and couldn't stop talking about it. Hes so proud of his first and only (at this time) Grandson.

I am also becoming more and more comfortable with naming him Alex. Well Victor Alejandro ... but we will call him Alex. The name is starting to sink in and I really think thats that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment