Wednesday, July 21, 2010

GlucoseTesting

Well I am here at Wildomar… again… but this time I am up bright and early. We got here alittle before they opened at 7:30am. They being, myself and my Dad. I have been dreading this so much and again I woke up starving and queasy.. bleh.

7:42am
The first blood draw wasn’t to bad, but they made me drink another drink. I wasn’t expecting that. It was a clear fluid that tasted a lot like Sprite. The taste was a lot better than the glucola (Orange drink) but still didn’t settle to well on an empty stomach. It was loaded with sugar so that was another negative for me. High sugar drink + empty stomach + pregnancy = one sick Angie. After the blood draw my Dad hung out with me to keep me company which was really nice. We later walked to the car to relax and wait for the next hour. However, the more and more time passed the more and more queasy I got… yuck!

8:42am
Second blood draw. This one was alittle more stingy when she removed the needle and tape. I know I will be seeing a nasty bruise later today from that. Infact it still stings! I hate when nurses are so rough, ah well….

Well my Dad had to leave to make sure he was home when Mia woke up so I am here alone sitting in the waiting room in the lab. It has only been about 5 mins and time seems to be CRAWLING! I still have 2 more hours and 2 more blood draws before this nitemare is over. My heart is racing from the sugar and I am so tired from getting up so early. I am not a happy camper. I just hope the next 2 hours will go by fast for me.

9:42am
Third Blood Draw. Well I just finished my third blood draw and as my Dad says I am 75% done! One last one, but I know this hour is going to drag worse than the last hour. This past hour was awful! I am really starting to feel sick and nearly throwing up. My heart is constantly racing which doesn’t help. The baby is going nuts in my tummy and that also elevates my heart rate which really stinks. I am woozy, hungry and tired. I can’t wait for this torture to be over. One last hour.. I can do this. To help kill time I have borrowed Adrian’s MP3 player and been working on the baby’s blanket. Now I am to dizzy and tired to work on the blanket but I can still listen to the MP3 player thankfully.

My Dad gave me a call about 5 mins till I had to test. He said Mia was ready to go in the morning. When he walked into her room she was already standing next to the door and ready to start the day. She said “Bye Mama” on the phone and that put a huge smile on my face! I love that little girl so much.

Well I have 1 more hour… please oh please let it go by fast!

10:42am
I’M DONE! I’M DONE!!! Just took my final draw!!! Thank GOODNESS this is over. Now is just waiting for the results. I pray I don’t have GD. Well the final hour wasn’t as bad as I thought. It did creep by for the first 20 mins but after that it sped up. Thankfully!!! It seems the first two hours were the WORST and the last one wasn’t as bad. All I know is that I NEVER want to go through this AGAIN!!! UGH! It was awful. Well I gotta get going, my Dad and Mia are about 3 mins away and I want to run out to the car so I can get something to eat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment