Sunday, July 18, 2010

27 Weeks!

27 weeks pregnant

Wow I am 27 weeks now! This is the final week of my 2nd Trimester! Little Pumpkin's arrival is just around the corner now! EEEK! Its both exciting and scary. I am excited to finally meet our little baby boy but scared about how in the heck am I going to balance a 2 year old and a newborn! YIKES! Talk about the challenge of my life! But hey, I am used to being challenged and I usually come out victorious. Hopefully, I will find a nitch and things will be fine.

Well this week has been pretty interesting. We are going through a massive heatwave right now and mixed with pregnancy that is not good for me. We attempted to go to Adrian's company picnic but after reaching 105!!! We only lasted an hour and left. Well "I" only lasted an hour. Once I got there and felt the heat I knew I was in trouble. I am sooooo not doing that again.

Names, names, names! I know I know, you would think by now we would have a concrete name for little pumpkin. Well we sort of do. We are still stuck on Victor Alejandro Cardoso "Alex", but I am still not 100% I mean picking a name is a HUGE responsibility! Whatever we choose will follow him the REST of his life! There is no going back once you sign the birth certificate and if he grows up to HATE his name I will feel so bad. I would probably drive him to the court house myself to get it changed! haha

I really don't remember going through this much torment with Mia's name picking, however, Mia's name was a bit easier. Girls names are always easier to choose for some reason, plus she was our little Maui baby so we already had a clue on what to name her. Mia Leilani Cardoso is her name which means "My Heavenly Flower", can't get more perfect than that. As for pumpkin, well I always liked the name Victor. Its a strong masculine name, but for me not so fitting for a newborn or little kid. I also don't care for the name Vic! and I know people will shorten the name to that.. UGH! As for Alejandro ... well that is more of Adrian's idea. Since I picked out Mia's name, I have to give him room to choose what he would like for our son. He insisted we choose a spanish sounding name. His ideas were pretty radical and the only name we agreed upon was Alejandro. I liked it because you can call him "Alex" for short. Alex is short and pretty common and cute. I can see a tiny newborn as Alex. So I dunno. Why not name him Alejandro Victor then? Well it doesn't flow as much as if you turned it around. So thats where we are. Oh, I also like Victor because of its meaning. I LOVE putting meaning to things (hence Mia's name) and Victor means "Champion, or victorious" which in way he sort of is, hes the first Grandson in over a total of 7 granddaughters!!! and the first boy in 34 years on my moms side. Also, V is for Vegas, his conception place haha So I dunno. Somedays I like Rubien some days its back to Alex. I think I will just go with my gut and stick with what we agreed on originally and be done with it. I am sure we will all get used to it and he will grow into his name. ACK! The pressure!!!!

CRAVINGS:
I am still hardcore into nectarines, I can't eat enough of them. Poor Adrian has to buy them by the dozen and I still polish them all off within the week! ALONE! Pineapple is slowly fading but is still really good to me. I have also noticed my craving for zuchinni!!! Any way I can get it, fresh, cooked, BBQ'd! That little green squash is AWESOME!

NEW SYMPTOMS:
Exhaustion! I am constantly winded now and I don't even have to be doing anything. I can be sitting on the couch minding my own business not moving and all of a sudden my heart starts to race and I feel winded. Its so bad it gets to the point where my speech is affected. Its like I just sat down from running around the block!! UGH!

I think anemia is starting to set in. I was anemic with Mia towards the end and had to take Iron Suppliments. I think I need to talk to my Dr again about that, I am so tired and have no energy ALL the time! Its crazy!

Sugar is continuing to have a bad affect on me. Every time I eat or drink something sweet I feel woozy, light headed and my heart goes nuts! I go in this week for my 3 hour glucose testing, we will see if I have gestaional diabetes. Wish me luck that I don't! I really don't want to give birth to a HUGE baby!

My belly is HUGE!!! I swear I am the size I was with Mia's when I was full term!!! I am constantly bashing it into things and its hard to give hugs without bashing it against someone! Its crazy!! Hes getting so big and I constantly feel him moving all around all the time. He isn't as active as Mia but pretty darn close! I know I will have my hands full with him once he is born!

No comments:

Post a Comment