Tuesday, July 6, 2010

First Big Stomach Pain Scare

I know I am out of the woods for a miscarriage, the bigger thing I am worried about is pre-term labor!!! Adrian insists I have nothing to worry about, but its always in the back of my mind especially the closer and closer I get to my due date. So with any unusual pain or funny feeling I get uneasy. Well what happened yesterday really took the cake.

I was feeling fine all day, pain wise. I was a bit queasy and tired so I didn't join Adrian and Mia on a grocery store run. However, with them out of the house I took the chance to cook up some Caldo De Papa undisturbed.

So I prepared the veggies, cooked it up and did my thing. I was using my tall soup pot where I can't see over the rim so I had to constantly get up and down from the kitchen stool. Just when the soup was just about done I noticed that I started to get some pain on the lower part of my stomach. When the pain increased I tried to hurry up and finished the soup but was forced to sit down. Eventually the pain traveled to my right side where the baby hangs out the most.

Soon the pain got so bad I couldn't walk around. Thats just about the time Adrian pulled up with Mia. I went to greet them at the door but didn't even make it, I ended up having to sit down on the stairs. Adrian came in with Mia and some groceries and I went to help him put them away but I could no longer walk, I was hunched over in pain. The pain was so great! I eventually told Adrian and he insisted I sit down and rest. I tried to but the pain increased even as I sat on the couch!

It eventually peaked at a level 8 pain and we started making plans on how to get me to the hospital, either by ambulance or him driving me in. I tried drinking some water thinking it could be to dehydration. The pain was weird, it was only one one side from the front to the back. It almost felt like when you run to much and you get that cramp on your side.

Eventually almost an hour after it started it started to ease up a bit. I quickly put on my maternity belt and rested some more. The pain didn't go away entirely until about 2 hours later, but it did go away.

During the pain episode the baby was doing fine. He was squirming and kicking like normal so that was a relief to me. Not sure what brought on the pain, I think I just need to slow down a WHOLE lot more.. but its so hard when you have to run a house hold. Ah well, what can you do... I guess I will just listen to my body more when the pain starts so it doesn't get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment